7.

She knocked on his trailer door, her hair a mess and her eyes red and puffy from all the crying. It had to be around two thirty in the morning now. Not that she had any idea of time, all she saw was the light of the full moon telling her that it was in the deepest of the night.

Nobody answered the door. She knocked again, harder and more impatient this time. The cold air around her gave her goosebumps. Why didn't she change in something that would keep her warm? Why did she think running towards a man she was in a fight with in the middle of the night was the right call? As she overthought her impulse choice, she wiped away another set of tears with the sleeve of her jacket as she shivered.

FP had heard the knocking coming from outside, but had to be careful with opening the door. It wasn't as if he was expecting someone in the middle of the night, so this could easily be dangerous. When he looked through the peephole in his door he saw the blonde woman standing on his porch. What the hell was she doing here? Was this some kind of sick joke to scare him?

"Jeez, Al. I thought you were the Black Hood." He opened the door with a relieved sigh, but still showed the annoyance in his voice for pulling something like this. But then she saw her face. Her tears. Her hurt. Her broken eyes.

"Are you crying? Hey, come here." Without a doubt he tugged her closer to embrace her tightly. The second she felt his skin on hers, she burst out in tears. She completely surrendered. His warmth, the tenderness with how he held her, it was enough for her to break down in his arms.

"Sssh. It's alright." He shushed her softly, as they stood there outside in front of his trailer, under the stars with a cold autumn breeze on their skins. He closed his eyes for a brief moment as he felt her body slowly shocking in his embrace.

"Can I please stay here? Just for tonight?" She sobbed quietly, the desperation in her eyes breaking his heart.

"Sure, but what's going on? Why are you upset?" He had his hands on her shoulders as he pulled her back a little and noticed how she trembled from both the emotions, exhaustion and cold.

Alice opened her mouth to say something, to give him an answer, but she couldn't. There were too much things she was upset about. And though she was unable to get any words out of her mouth, he was the still the only one she wanted to be honest with.

"You don't have to tell me. Let's try to get some sleep." He smiled sweetly, assuring her that it was okay that she couldn't tell him. Why was he so kind to her? Why was he this kind of angel that seemed to calm her down so much? She just nodded, and felt like she was finally save when he took her hand and helped her to his bedroom.

Without any question about what previously happend between them, he gestured for her to climb under the sheets. Maybe it was her vulnerability or maybe it was the fact that she was done playing this game with him when she actually cared, but without any words everything seemed to be fine. As if they needed this explosion between them to get this close.

When she lied down she shivered. The trailer was cold. And still, she would choose being here, surrounded by his warmth over her comfortable king size bed on Elm Street, next to her cold hearted husband.

FP wrapped his arms around her waist, letting them land on her stomach as he pressed her back close to his chest. Their fight seemed to not matter anymore. As if they were both apologizing by lying next to one another in complete silence. Alice closed her eyes as she felt secure for the first time in her life.

He pressed a soft kiss on her shoulder, knowing that she needed it. FP had never been the to-go to for someone when life seemed to be crumbling down. He was always the one people ran away from. But not anymore. Now there was someone who ran to him because she needed him. Because she wanted for him to take her hand and drag her out of the whirlpool that was pushing her down. And just for that he was already thankful. For her telling him without words that he mattered.