Chapter 3

Author's POV

The rest of the school day went quite smoothly. After lunch, everyone headed off to their afternoon classes as usual. Volleyball practice went good as well. Hinata and Kageyama were at the top of their game, pumped up the whole time, so they were able to get in some impressive quicks. Now they were in the club room getting dressed and packing up their things. It was just them two, since they stayed a little later, as usual.

          Hinata sat on the floor, reading a volleyball magazine that happened to be inside the club room.
         "Hurry up, Kageyama! You're so slow!" He whined, flipping the page of the magazine. 
          "Tch, it's not my fault you forgot to mop the whole other side of the gym, dumbass!" He said, looking over his shoulder while taking off his practice shirt and sliding on his other clothes. He grabbed his sack and slung it over his shoulder, kicking Hinata's foot as if to tell him to get up. Hinata flinched slightly and looked up, seeing that his partner was ready. He smiled and picked up his bag, walking out the door.

           The weather seemed to perfect that night. It wasn't too hot or too cold. The air was a perfect night time temperature, with a breeze that was slightly chilled. The stars were out, and they were bright. The moon was full and glimmered on everything it could see. As Hinata walked away from the school, he closed his eyes and inhaled deeply, taking the night into his own body. It was peaceful, yet strong in a way. Even the stone-cold, raven-haired boy could sense the peacefulness in the night. It was perfect.

              The duo walked side by side rather slowly for some odd reason. Perhaps they wanted to take in the wonderful night, or maybe they were tired from practice. Or maybe even something else. Nevertheless, they were happy.
            Hinata smiled softly as we walked next to his friend, glancing at their surroundings a bit, even though it was a little dark. He thought for a moment, wanting to talk to his bestfriend, since he felt like it was a good time for a conversation. He lit up as he thought of a starter.
             "Hey Kageyama. What made you wanna' start playing volleyball?" He asked, looking up at him.
           Kageyama cleared his throat a bit and took his hands out of his pockets.
          "Ah well.. my grandfather played and well... yeah. He taught us. He told me all about it and we practiced a lot when I was little. He put me into a juniors team too. After he passed away, I kept on playing, and my sister helped me practice a lot too-"

          "-hold on. Did you say sister?" Hinata cut him off, looking and sounding surprised.
        Kageyama nodded. "Yeah. My older sister. She's not around much anymore, she moved away years ago. But yeah, she helped me a lot with volleyball."

              Hinata smiled a cheesy smile, his eyes glimmering in the moonlight. "That's so cool, Kageyama! I never knew you had a sister! What's her name?" He asked curiously.

         "Her names Miwa. Miwa Kageyama. Why're you so interested in her anyway? It's really none of your business, idiot." He said, scowling at him. Hinata just shrugged and smiled.
          "I dunno I'm just surprised you've never talked about her. I feel like i'm learning more about you, Kageyama!" The bright haired boy exclaimed, jumping a little as he walked.

           The younger male shook his head, exhaling. "Well you have a sister too and you've never talked about her."

         "Oh, Natsu? Well that's because you've never asked! Plus you already knew she was my sister. I'm only curious cause' this is my first time hearing about miss Kageyama-san!" He explained, furrowing his eyes brows as he felt small droplets of water on his skin. He held his hand out and stopped walking for a moment.
Rain?

"Oi Kageyama." He said, looking at his friend who was now ahead of him. Tobio turned his head to look at him, noticing the rain pouring down faster.
"It's raining. My mom will freak out if we're still walking in the rain." He said, walking again. "D'you think we can stay at your house for a while until the rain stops? Since is yours is closer we should be able to make it if we run." He suggested.

Kageyama looked at him for a moment before rolling his eyes and stuffing his hands in his pockets. "Fine. You better not be annoying or i'll leave you out in the rain til' you catch a cold."
Hinata grinned and flicked Kageyama's ear before starting to run in the direction of his house. "Thanks Kageyama! You're not so bad after all!"

798 words

sorry this chapters a bit short... but i still like this one a lot! by the way, if anyone happens to see this would you mind voting for this chapter? thank you very much!