Chapter 10 | Blades

Geralt POV

Geralt awoke suddenly, giving a small start, his eyes opening in a room that wasn't as dark as the one he had fallen asleep in. There was a weight across him. Geralt prided himself in being able to fall asleep and stay asleep without moving, but evidently, he had ploughed sideways during the night. He legs hadn't moved much, and his waist was awkwardly twisted and bent, and he was lying sideways across the couch, partly on his back and partly on his side.

The weight on him, he realized, was Jaskier. The man was still asleep, head against Geralt's stomach. Geralt had thought he felt Jaskier press against his chest and figured their positions must have slipped when they fell over. Could have been more awkward, he supposed. Jaskier, to his utter unsurprise, was cuddly while asleep, not just awake.

Geralt didn't know how he was going to free himself. He was trapped between Jaskier and the couch. Geralt managed to work his way up so that he was leaning on one elbow. He looked to the door. It was closed and didn't look as if it had been opened recently. As best he could, Geralt scanned the apartment. When he had looked around at as much as he could see and found it satisfactory, he closed his eyes again and listened, feeling for any presence that was nearby.

His developed sixth sense didn't tip him off, and so he allowed himself half an exhale, and shifted again so he was lying back down. It was uncomfortable, this position, and he was fairly certain his arm would be going numb soon, but he owed it to Jaskier. 

He shouldn't have fallen asleep. No matter how tired he was, after Renfri and the night before, sleep had just not been an option. Anything could have happened, either to Jaskier or to him, and Geralt wouldn't have been ready. He wasn't okay with that. He was trained to be a bodyguard, he should be acting like one, rather than letting physical needs get the better of him.

He had a client who was in a vulnerable position, even more so the previous night, and he had allowed himself to doze off. Geralt growled softly at himself and rose again. He looked to his legs, wondering how to free them without waking Jaskier. A look at the clock had told him it was nearly 09:40, which explained the summer light streaming in through the windows and illuminating the dust particles.

Julian POV

Jaskier cuddled into Geralts stomach, nuzzling into it occasionally when he felt a movement. He was sleeping peacefully for once, the first time in months probably. He had his hand gently placed on Geralts thigh, up close by his face as it was one of the more comfortable ways to sleep for him.

Jaskier felt a movement under him as Geralt moved, sitting back up which resulted in a king Jaksier produce a small whine of protest before he opened his eyes sluggishly and looked at what he was on. A shirt... Attached to a body? 

He opened his eyes wider, unsure of what was happening before he let out a content sigh, realizing it was just Geralt. Geralt. His mind recalled every event that had happened and he hummed a little in acceptance before he looked up and met the eyes of Geralt and smiled sluggishly at him. "Good morning" he muttered out with his voice deep and raspy, unlike his usually higher and cheery voice.

He sat up, groaning a little at the pain in his hip for sleeping at such an awkward angle. He ran his hand through his hair, messing it up slightly as he blinked a couple of times to adjust his eyesight. He was greeted as soon as he moved his gaze to the clock, with the beam of light and made a face of 'oh gods why' and screwed his eyes closed before opening them again, they were watering from the sudden light. He peered over at the clock. Holy shit they had slept late. They were up past the middle of the night though so it only made sense.