~ 4 ~

Seollim yawned, staring at her computer screen and filling out yet another interview. If she could swing it right, she could go for interviews tomorrow and maybe start working right after.

Maybe this had been for the best. Her old job had been stressful because of that mean boss of hers. Maybe now she'd find a more understanding boss and a job that worked better with her school schedule.

She sighed, pushing strands of hair out of her face, trying to tuck them back into her bun.

If she hadn't had lost her job, she wouldn't have been so distraught, and she wouldn't have met Sunghoon.

She smiled, remembering him. His bright eyes and easy laugh, his playfulness coupled with his occasional bursts of shyness. Her heart skipped a beat just thinking about him.

"How did you manage to have such an effect on me, in such a short time?" She asked her wall, imagining his face there. She rested her head on her hand, staring at his imaginary face. "I wish I'd been brave enough to ask for your number," she whispered. "I hope you'll come back next week."

She couldn't remember seeing him before in that part of town, though she didn't know all that many people. Between studying and working, she hadn't had much time to socialize. And she'd never been brave enough to approach anyone at the rink, nor had anyone bothered to approach her.

She sent in her last application, a proud smile forming in her lips. There. She'd check her email tomorrow morning, hopefully with some good news. Hopefully soon she'd have yet another after school job.

Seollim went to kitchen, pouring herself a glass of water. Her parents were already fast asleep; she'd stayed up much later than she'd planned.

Going back to her room, she tucked herself into bed, thinking about Sunghoon and their mini skating friendship.

***

Seollim woke up, hastily throwing on her uniform, brushing her teeth and having a burnt toast for breakfast. She was already running late. She could not be late Monday mornings. She hated being late in general, it drew too much unwanted attention to herself, but being late on Monday's was the absolute worst.

She stuffed her books into her book bag, ran outside, and straight into someone.

She bounced back, falling to the floor. Her hair fell in front of her face, obstructing her vision.

"I'm so sorry!" She exclaimed, scrambling to her feet and shoving the strands of hair behind her ears. She looked up at the person standing in front of her.

He was staring at her in open-mouthed astonishment.

Sunghoon.

"... Kkangseol!" He exclaimed after a moment, a bright smile coming to his face. He placed his hands on her shoulders, looking at her in disbelief. "What are you doing here?"

"What am I doing here?" She said with a laugh. "What about you?"

"I just moved here," he said, pointing to the apartment he'd just stepped out of.

Seollim glanced at his clothes. She was wearing a school uniform, he was not.

"Do you not go to school..." she asked him.

"I've started homeschooling because-" he suddenly cut his sentence short, stopping himself from whatever he was about to say. "Never mind," he said, giving her a bright smile, though she could see it was a little strained this time. "Shall I walk you to school?"

"You're not busy or anything?" She asked, walking into the elevator with him.

"Never too busy for you," he said, winking playfully at her.