~ 6 ~

This was stupid. Absolutely stupid.

She sighed, tying up her hair. Just because he mentioned seeing her at the rink, didn't mean that he actually would.

And yet here she was, stalling. She'd looked at the skaters and hadn't found him. She was waiting on the benches, and every time she stood up to go to the ice, she'd remember his brilliant smile and there she'd go, sitting back down again, waiting. 

"I'm going now," she said sternly, getting up and heading to the rink.

Seollim couldn't help looking around, just one more time. Nope. Nothing.

"Looking for me?" Someone asked, tapping her shoulder.

She tried and failed to bite back her giddy grin as she turned around to face Sunghoon, who was staring at her triumphantly.

"Of course not," she retorted.

He smirked. "Don't lie to me. I've been watching you."

"Wow. That's not creepy at all," she teased.

He took her hand, leading her into the ice. "Shut up and let's skate."

Seollim smiled, her eyes zeroing in on their hands. "I was sure you wouldn't come," she told him.

"I wouldn't say that," he said, giving her a sly grin. "You were looking for me, weren't you?"

She felt her face heating up. "How long were you watching me?"

"Long enough to see your disappointed face," he said teasingly.

She giggled awkwardly. "So you saw that..."

"Don't worry," Sunghoon assured her, ruffling her hair. The gesture made her heart go thump. "I probably looked just like that when I scanned the rink and didn't see you inside."

She smiled, bumping into his shoulder a little. "Are you going to do another impressive routine?" She asked, her voice slightly teasing.

"Nah," he said, laughing. "You're impressed by me already, aren't you? I don't need to do it again."

"I suppose you're right," she agreed.

"Have you ever tried any of the tricks?" He asked her.

"I haven't."

"Should we try one then?"

Seollim laughed, shaking her head at him in disbelief. "Are you kidding? For real? Me?"

"Why not?" He exclaimed, grinning at her. "You're not scared, are you?"

"Of course not," she scoffed. "Alright, teacher. What's the first move to learn?"

He frowned. "I'm not sure." He glanced at the figure skaters in the middle of the rink, as if trying to figure out which move would be best for her to start with. 

"How about that one?" They said at the same time, both pointing to a girl who was skating on one leg.

"Okay, lets try it," Sunghoon declared, clapping his hands excitedly.

Seollim started skating, after a moment tentatively lifting one leg. But she hadn't been balanced correctly and she fell, Sunghoon catching her.

"Here," he said, placing his hands on her waist. The touch sent shock waves through her. "I got you. Try it again."

She started skating once more, though her heart was pounding with him being so close.

"You can do it," he whispered gently.

She closed her eyes, feeling his hands on her waist and trusting him to lead her, and she bent forward, lifting up her leg.

She opened her eyes.

This was the sensation of flying. She suddenly understood how one could spend their whole life training to put on spectacular skating performances. It was to feel this. To feel beautiful, graceful, elegant.

She wasn't doing much, and she knew that she'd certainly fall if Sunghoon let go of her, but in that moment, she felt as though she could do anything.

Especially if he was by her side.