3. First Instance

We headed towards Pokhara, and Roshan grabbed the front seat by tricking us he was sick. We sat behind I was in the middle. After some time Kshitij fell asleep. Vandy and Roshan were enjoying music in the front seat. 

Smriti came closer and asked, "How was she?"

I was shocked this came out of the blue I replied, "Who?"

She said, "There must be some girl who made you excited to go Pokhara, isn't it? Are you gonna meet her? Please tell me how you met her and everything." in excitement.

I stopped her there and said, "I can't meet her, and it's a long story."

She said, "We do have time you know right? I would love to hear about her." 

I would always be excited to share my story with people. Some of my friends thought it was pathetic. But you don't get to know someone's story unless you share yours.

I started, Her name is Prakriti. She was beautiful and adorable. She wasn't the most beautiful in the world but she fits perfectly into my description of beauty. She was just tall enough that I could smell her hair while hugging. The best thing I loved about her was her cheeks, they were just thick and always blushing in a red accent. She loved herself, she often asked me, "I am cute right?" I would laugh at her expressions and this would lead to 10 minutes of calming her down from her anger and sadness. We would fight and argue. We would disagree most of the time, but one thing we would always agree on is Love. Yes, we loved each other the most. She often used to say, "We are nothing like other couples, we are different". I used to think, "Every couple would think the same, what's new?" But little did I know we were different. We were cheesy at times and regular friends at others. She was very possessive in this relationship not like a toxic girlfriend but in a good way. She cared about me as a mother would do. With her, I couldn't eat junk and I always had to eat in time. I was far from my mother but she was there like one. She gave importance to my family too. She would remind me time and again to call home and remember birthdates for me. She was just perfect for me."

While I was narrating, she was constantly enjoying my facial expressions and my excitement. I would say she is one of the best listeners. I paused for a moment and looked at her. She gestured to go on. 

"How we first met is also a coincidence. She was filling out some forms in a cyber cafe with her friends. I also was there for the same. I helped them with the forms. We talked and became friends very soon. After 2 hrs we departed but there one of her friends left a notebook. The shopkeeper asked, "Do you know them they left a notebook?" I said, "Yes I will make sure it reaches them." 

I looked inside the name was, "Pooja Acharya"

After reaching home, I quickly browsed Facebook and searched Pooja. I found a few results. Since I knew where they were from I got Pooja's profile. I texted she left her notebook. She replied She would pick up at a given time and place. 

I was excited. I went to the place stated and to my surprise, Prakriti was there alone. I went near and said, "Hello, how are you?"

"Hi! Pooja was busy so I came. I hope it is not a problem." 

"No, not at all." I don't know why I was nervous. I handed the note and left immediately in an awkward farewell."

Later I texted Pooja and she said she had a notebook.
After a few months, the results of the exam that we filled forms for were out. I was curious about theirs. Since I was in contact with Pooja only. I texted her. She replied it was good. Since the ice was broken, we texted for a while and asked her, "I could not find the profile of Prakriti on Facebook" 

She replied, "Previously she deactivated the account but now it's active. Try this link: ......"

I sent her a request and we chatted. I only realized she was interested in the beginning. I was the fool to not see the hints. But she clearly stated, "Let's only be friends"

It was strange because the way we chatted, she was into me but the negation towards being in a relationship was not understandable. But with time I persuaded her. But she was skeptical about our successful relationship. I asked what took so long to share the feelings.
She said, "I know this may sound strange but my Mom is totally against castes and you know you are Bhandari and I am Dhakal, she would flip out if she ever found out about us." 

"I don't know how would I do but I think I will manage this after talking and impressing your mom" and I smiled and hugged her.

"I love you please never think of leaving me," she said with tears of joy.

"I never will. I never will"

Smriti looked at me and she was smiling and blushing. She was into the story. She didn't take her eyes off my face once. 

There I thought it was too much to share already and stopped. I looked at her and said, "Let's the rest of the story be for some other time."

I know she got the answer to why was this trip so special and I also knew she must be curious about how are we not together now.

"I want to hear everything thing. Promise me you would share."

"Okay, I will."

Then we had some casual talk and I shared earphones with her and played my three best songs for her, "Best I Ever Had by Vertical Horizon, The Night We Met by Lord Huron, and Funeral by Band of Horses". She was enjoying the music after some time she fell asleep. She adjusted her head on my left shoulder. I was uncomfortable so I tried not to bump our heads. Kshitij was also asleep but he was facing towards the window. I just stood for a while and enjoyed the music, while looking outside peeking from the space between Roshan and Vandy's seats. I thought about Smriti's look before. And I looked at her again, she was an innocent beautiful girl and the best listener.

I don't know how I fell asleep and my head was in support of Smriti's. The journey was one of the random hits and except for Vandy, every one of us was asleep and in our peace.
After all, In this world of chaotic and random causes, at last, causality will bring us to solitude.