5. My Encounter

I slept early, I wasn't in the mood. When I woke up a sudden urge came into my mind and I opened my phone and saw that screenshot. And I freshened up myself and opened the door. I saw Smriti standing, her hand on the railings supporting her chin, looking at the morning sun rising in the sky. When she heard the door, she turned to me and asked, "Where are you sneaking this early morning?"

"I was just going to have some tea."

"Can I join you, my head is heavy from yesterday."

I couldn't tell her, "Okay, I want to go to a special place, that I had in mind. You may join me."

"Take me there. I would love to see your special place, must be because of her" she winked.

"Haha nothing like that, you will know."

We took a bus from Hallanchowk and after 10 min we got out of the bus, it was a bit far from Zero. While we were on the bus we couldn't talk as there were many people around. After we got out I said, "I was amazed to hear about the place named Zero. When I came to Pokhara previously."

"it's strange but some places have nothing to do with names."

We started to walk from there. Then, out of nowhere, I asked Smriti, "I never asked where you are from?"

"Don't be surprised. Okay."

"Haha Don't say you are from Pokhara. Haha!"

"I wish but my home is also not that bad. I am from Chitwan"

I looked at her in surprise.

"You argued yesterday with Vandy just so we shouldn't go Chitwan and now you tell me you are from there?"

"Haha, I saw you, eager and positive, to be in Pokhara. So, thought you would be happier to be here."

"You thought about me."

She was shy and looked down and blushed.

There was a beautiful silence for a while. And she broke the silence and asked, "How far is this place?"

"We have only walked for 2 min and you are already bored."

I knew she wasn't bored but was trying to start a conversation.

"I won't be bored with you. You are such a good storyteller. I would love to hear more."

"You are a good listener. Maybe that's what made us such a good companion."

"Then tell me more about you."

"First let me find that place. I am having a hard time remembering the place."

"It wouldn't matter, we have come this far just pick a cafe and we will be good."

I was looking at the hoarding boards and found the name "Cafe window, Male Patan"

"There it is, Let's go"

I grabbed her hand in excitement and went there.

Smriti might have noticed that but I didn't.

"Again here after 3 years"

"Who was with you back then?"

"I was with her. I remember we sat there."

I pointed the seat opposite to the window but there were people there already. So we sat next to that on the window seat.

"I have come here once but I have those memories in my mind and that makes me connected with this place."