♡︎o. Nature Boy

"and then one day,one lucky day he passed my way"* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

"and then one day,
one lucky day he passed my way"
* ✧・゚: *✧・゚:*    *:・゚✧*:・゚✧

Reader POV
Pacing back and forth,
I feel warm tears pool in my eyes and stain my cheeks. I breathe in heavily, only to let out a loud sigh along with a small hiccup as I settle my body down on the cool grass, near the entrance of the stable. I look up into the sky as I sniffle and dry my eyes.
I understand what he means when he tells me no, and he only means well,
but being stripped of your dream with the sole chance you'll ever get at achieving it would not make a person happy in the slightest.
I just wish he would understand,
and trust me.
I fix my hair as it flows beneath my stable uniform hat, then bring my knees up to hug against my chest as I watch the sunrise. One of the stable dogs finds his way over to me, rubbing himself against my leg as he then lays at my side.
I lean against my hand as my other one brings its way down to the dogs coat, stroking his soft fur as the sun finally shines bright on the trees around me.
This dog doesn't normally stay at this stable with us, but me and my father were currently sitting him from another stable for a few days. I adore a responsibility other than my normal everyday ones at the stable, and I love animals, so temporarily taking care of this dog is enjoyable.
But that's just about as exciting as my life gets.
I let out another loud sigh before then spotting a familiarly large backpack in the distance to my left.
Beedle!
He's here early...
I stand up, leaving the dog to chase his tail, and walk over to the waddling male.
I smile wide as he notices my presence, him giving one in return.
"you never get tired of this, do you?"
I joke, as he continues to limp from the weight of his abnormally huge beedle-shaped backpack. He snickers and shakes his head as he walks along side me.
"never. never have, and never will.
it's what I do, y/n!"
he exclaims, tilting to the side a bit as the weight on his back shifts, causing me to chuckle.
"would you like some help this time at least?"
I offer, finally looking at his kind, freckled face. He shakes his head almost immediately.
"like I said, this is what I do. I can handle it"
he pauses his sentence as he regains footing.
"I appreciate your offer though...per usual"
He declines and I nod my head, continuing down the path to the stable.
I look forward, walking with a blank stare almost going completely spaced out, as this doesn't go unnoticed by Beedle.
He knows exactly what's going on.
"how'd it go?"
He mumbles, curiosity leaking through his words.
I let out a gentle sigh and knit my brows.
"what do you think he said?"
I croak, feeling as if the tears might return, and using all I have left to hold them back.
We finally make it close enough to the stable where Beedle can set his things down. I at least help him do that, as some small talk strikes up again.
"y/n, he's only trying to protect you. I would probably do the same if you were my daughter. Of course, I see you as a little sister so my perspective is slightly different, but I understand where he's coming from, and you should too"
Beedle explains gently, as he sits down next to his bag. I stand up straight and cross my arms, then looking off in the distance I notice a familiar ancient structure that lit orange. That structure has been there for a long time, but only about a week ago it started to glow a magnificent orange color, leaving me curious.
Of course, I wasn't allowed to explore it.
Fathers orders.
"do you understand him, though? It's okay to be upset about it, but at least put yourself in his shoes" Beedle suddenly questions, making me to look over at him.
I huff through my nose and bring my arms to my sides.
"I do. I just don't want to lose my chance at living my dream. you only have one life, you know? and...no offense, but I'd rather not tend to horses and make beds my whole life" I vent, placing my hands on my hips. Beedle nods, showing he understood, and let's out a hum.
"why can't I just...travel with you?" I ask Beedle as a thought comes into my mind.
Beedle lets out a small chuckle before looking up at me.
"y/n...I think by the way you've explained to me the traveling you want to do, it's different compared to what I do. I don't necessarily explore, I just travel from stable to stable selling things-" He explains, adjusting his legs to a more comfortable position.
I scoff as he continues to explain.
"-and besides, you want to get away from the stables, right? All I do is travel to different ones, and they're all the same. you're not going to get what you want if you come with me. i'm sorry" He finishes, and I let out a sad hum before looking back over at the ancient statue.
But this only caused butterflies to rattle in my stomach, not from excitement, but more of curiosity, maybe even a little anxiety.
The building was still glowing orange, but only the top of it, while the body of it was now glowing a radiant blue, leaving me bewildered.
"Beedle! do you see that?" I exclaim, throwing myself on the floor next to him and pointing to the building.
"it's blue! why is it blue?" I exclaim as he sighs.
"I-I don't know, but don't even think about going over and exploring it" He mentions, just as I get up to make my way over.
"your father will kill y-!"
"y/n!"
I stop in my tracks and quickly turn around to face my father now walking out of the stable.
"where are you going? you should be helping customers and taking care of the horses" My father says, leaving me to gently roll my eyes.
"you weren't going over to that revolting moss-covered thing over there, were you?" He questions as I look up at him.
"no, dad. I wasn't"
I lied.
"good. now get to work, we've got lots of customers today!" he exclaims, walking forward and playfully tipping the hat on my head. I let out a small gasp as he walks past me, fixing my now crooked hat and messed up hair. I let out an amused hum as I look down at Beedle and shrug, who only gently smiles back and tilts his head towards the stable,
his way of reminding me to get myself to work.