Chapter 24 Eternal Horizon

Y/N was in the training room practicing his combat skills when Blake walked in.

Y/N: Need something sis?

Blake: I was about to go to the bookstore and I was wondering if you wanted to come with me.

Y/N: Absolutely! Let's go!

(Time skip)

Y/N and Blake arrived at Tukson's bookstore, where they used to go to buy new books all the time before they started attending Beacon.

They walked inside and saw the clerk at the counter. Y/N found it odd because Tukson was always at the store when it was open. Y/N decided to ask the clerk about it.

Y/N: Excuse me?

Clerk: Hmm, can I help you young man?

Y/N: Yeah, I just wanted to know, is Tukson sick today?

The clerk looked uneasy and sympathetic.

Clerk: You're a friend of Tukson?

Y/N: Well I used to be one of his regulars but I've been away for awhile.

Clerk: (sighs) Well, I'm sorry to tell you this but Mr. Tukson passed away last month.

Y/N was at a lost for words, even though he barely knew Tukson personally, he still considered him an acquaintance.

Y/N: (sighs) Thanks for telling me.

Y/N walked over to a bookshelf, grabbed a single book and took it to a nearby table to read while Blake continued to browse through the books.

While Y/N was reading, he heard a familiar voice.

Momiji: Y/N?

Y/N turned to see Momiji with a book in her hand.

Y/N: Hey Momiji! Good to see you again!

Momiji: Likewise!

Momiji sat down next to Y/N

Momiji: So I've actually been thinking, I really do want to learn about the ninja ways.

Momiji smiles at Y/N

Momiji: I would be honored for you to teach me.

Y/N smiles back

Y/N: It would be my pleasure.

While Y/N and Momiji were talking, Blake was at the counter purchasing a few books when she heard Y/N and Momiji laughing. She turned and saw the two pre-teens talking and laughing together.

Blake raised an eyebrow, clearly curious about who this girl was and what they were talking about. She decided to ask the clerk.

Blake: Do you know who that girl is?

Clerk: Yeah, that's Momiji, she's a regular here. Why do you ask?

Blake: She's talking to my brother.

The clerk looked over at Y/N and Momiji who were clearly getting along well.

Clerk: Looks like she's taking a liking to him.

Blake: (slightly irritated) Yeah

Clerk: I know it's not my business but Momiji is good people, she's completely harmless.

Blake: Hmm, thanks.

Blake grabbed her bag that contained her books and walked over to Y/N who was still talking to Momiji.

Blake: Y/N, time to go.

Y/N: (looks at Blake) Ok (looks back at Momiji) See you tonight?

Blake's eyes widened