4. The transformation❤️

(Note: Some of the stories in this chapter are fictional. It was done in the intention to celebrate this precious Masashivaratri. So Happy Masashivarati!)

I woke up and the entry was covered with fog and mist. A lady was standing outside. I went to her.

"Greetings Lady! Where is the entrance for this place?"

"Who are you? No male is allowed to enter here."

"Please allow me to do so. I am here under the order of Lalitha Tripurasundari."

"Here, only Sri Krishna's orders are followed, and never did Krishna order us to allow someone inside."

She took a stick and called a few more young ladies to stood before me. I could not attack these people as they are women who are innocent.

I just moved away. I was disappointed. How many more tests I should face?

"O Devi Lalita, Help me."

Suddenly an echo said, "O Arjuna, Worship Matangi, the minister of mine. She will help you."

"I will immediately."

"Don't think it is that easy to pleas her. She cannot pleased by ordinary.

I immediately sat at the very place and started chanting Matangi's name. Don't you wonder who Devi Matangi is?

Devi Matangi is one of the Mahavidya/Fierece form of Devi Adi Shakti. She took this fierce form to protect the low caste people who suffered in the world like a hell. She always accepted only left over food. It is said that a person has to do the most vigorous penance to pleas her.

But there is no failure when Devi Adi Parasakti herself chanted the divine Balavidya in my ears for the success

After few days, Devi Matangi appeared before me. She was dark-green in complexion. She had a crescent moon on her hair. I fell at her feet.

I offered her some leftover food which she gradually accepted.

"I am pleased by you, Arjuna. Tell me, what is your wish?"

"O Mother, I wish to enter this divine Goloka Vrindavan. Please make me eligible to do so."

"O Arjuna, You will surely become eligible. Do you Lord Siva himself wanted to enter this Golok Vrindavan and join in the Raas?"

Lord Siva was meditating in the Kailash. The music of flute of Sri Krishna and the anklet sounds of Devi Radha mesmerized him.

He desired to take part in the Raas Leela. As he was about to leave, I stopped him and said that he won't be allowed in the Raas so easily. He said proudly that he is the dear devotee of Krishna and he will surely show grace upon him.

As Lord Siva entered the gates of Goloka Vrindavan, he was stopped by the Gopis while I entered the Raas easily

As Lord Siva entered the gates of Goloka Vrindavan, he was stopped by the Gopis while I entered the Raas easily. Mahadev begged the Gopis to allow him.

Lalitha suggested Mahadev to become a woman for one night to become a part of Raas. In the Raas, only Sri Krishna can be a male.

Mahadev went to the Manasarovar lake and became a young gopi. He was allowed then into the Raas and that full moon night, Sri Krishna, Radha Rani, Mahadeva, Parvati and other gopis danced with delight. From that the day, Lord Siva is also known as Gopeshwar Mahadev.

 From that the day, Lord Siva is also known as Gopeshwar Mahadev

This is my hint for you, O Arjuna."

Saying so, Devi Matangi disappeared. What is the hint? I just strolled aside and I saw Manasarovar lake which was Devi Yamuna's water was flowing blissfully. The scene was delightful.

I decided to refresh. I entered the waters of Yamuna and took a deep dip by chanting, "Om Namah Shivayah".

I closed my eyes and remembered Gopeshwar Mahadeva who became a gopi to take part in the Raas. 

As I opened my eyes, I was astonished!!

I didn't have any jewelleries on myself. I didn't have my waist cloth. Oh no! I was in a female dress which was a long cloth (Saree).

I was stunned to see my own reflection in Yamuna. Oh I lost my mascunality! What kind of Leela is this Narayana?! Atleast, during the time of incognito, I was dressed as a female. 

Devi Yamuna appeared before me. I bowed before her.

"O Devi, What just happened to me?"

"O Arjuna, just now you heard the story of Gopeshwar Mahadev. Lord Siva himself had to become a lady to enter this divine Goloka. You too have to follow the same path. Wasn't it you who want to join the Raas?"

"O Devi, your words are true. I accept this form of mine. Will this form have any identity?"

"Yes, Arjuna. This form of yours will forever be known as Arjuni by the world".

Devi Yamuna brought me the world's best jewelleries and made me to adorn it. I looked like the most beautiful lady of this world.

What if Draupadi knows this? Will I become a competitor for her beauty? Sure, I want her to know and make her feel jealous that Madhava has given me such a beautiful form!

"Aha! Don't be so overproud, Arjuni."

The voice came from a being who was dark and had a ferocious form but a charming smile and motherly nature.

To be continued...

||Glories to Gopeshwar Mahadev||

Answer today's question in my book "Krishnam Vande Jagatgurum". The question is related to today's chapter.