⚙︎ Revelations ⚙︎

When I got home about three hours later, Willow jumped on me, bowling me over. I laughed as she licked me all over. 

She finally backed up, giving me space so I could get to my feet.

"Josh!" I called out into the house, and a "yeah?" was my response.

I grinned as I pinpointed the sound. I shut the front door behind me and jogged to the lounge room, dumping my overnight bag on the couch and dropping next to my twin, who was searching stuff up on the youtube tv.

"When did you get home?" I asked; normally Josh would be at sport by now.

"Soccer practise was cancelled," he answered, ignoring my question but still somehow answering it. Willow padded up to us and leapt up onto the couch, shoving me aside and parking herself right in between us, looking up at me with expectant mismatched eyes.

I sighed, giving into the adorableness and attacking her with pats and cuddles, which she lapped up adoringly. 

"Is dad here yet?" I asked my brother, who hadn't made a move.

"No," he replied offhandedly, and I stared up at the program he was watching. "He and mum are having coffee in town. Oh, this one's funny," he commented as he clicked on "Markiplier Makes: An Egg Drop".

I sighed. I had watched it recently and didn't really want to watch it again, so I pushed myself up from the couch. "Didja take Willow for a walk?" I asked.

"No."

I walked over to the shelf where we kept the leash and picked it up. Willow went crazy and I stifled my laughter.

"Come on lil' tree, let's go," I cooed, clipping the lead onto her collar. Willow practically shot off towards the front door, pulling me along behind her. "I won't be long! Love you!" I called over my shoulder, making it to the front door in a record time of six seconds thanks to my dog.

We went out the front door and I shut the screen door behind me.

The wind picked up, and I relished the feeling of it gliding across my skin.

The dog tugged on her lead and we set off on our walk.

I decided to drop by Gracie's. She'd have walked TillyMae by now, and I wanted to ask her if she wanted to hangout at the cinemas or something.

Willow had other ideas, though. She wanted to head to the park, and she pulled on the leash. "Later," I promised her.

We walked the streets, passing by others walking their dogs and strolling prams around. It wasn't as busy as I thought it would be, thank God.

I made it to the Lakeholds' house and knocked on the door.

A white-haired girl answered.

"Gyps!" She beamed, inviting me in with frantic waves of her hand.

Willow attacked her with licks and nuzzles, wagging her tail charmingly, and Gracie gladly accepted them.

"How are you?" She asked, clipping the lead off Willow's collar as the door closed behind us.

"I'm doing great! I wanted to ask if we could hang out?" I asked, stroking Willow's excited face.

"Of course. Mum and dad aren't home yet, and Caleb's in his room. He won't be any trouble," Gracie murmured the last part, perhaps a bit cautious of her big brother. 

I raised an eyebrow. "Caleb isn't..."

"He's quit the booze," she replied. "He's been having withdrawals all day. But it's really for the better, he'll get used to it soon, I know he will."