⚙︎ Snap ⚙︎

Today we had our first PE lesson, which was for the last period.

Yeah, we weren't excited for that at all.

By "we", I thankfully meant the whole GangGang. Apparently Art and Gym were the only lessons we shared with Lyn.

We quickly changed into our gym uniforms and jogged back to the assembly area, which was inside the large auditorium.

I glanced around at the students and realised with a shock (which probably should've been unsurprise, because really, what was I expecting?) that one of them was Brie, who was standing next to Connor. Her blonde hair was done up in a tidy bun, like she had taken ages to fashion it just right, despite only being in the changing room for five minutes. Connor contrasted this, as his black hair was messy as ever.

Casey followed my gaze and huffed. "We'll just ignore her," she explained, pointing Brie out to the others. 

We agreed.

"Alright everyone! Come sit so I can mark the roll," the teacher, Ms Stevens, called to all the students, and we all walked over and sat in front of her.

"Skye... Joy... Felicity... Evelyn... Brie... Gypsica... Hunter... Alycia... Veronica... Adam... Casey... Andrew... Billy... Lily... Connor... Grace... Mark... Eric... George... Charlie... Edward..."

She cycled through the list and I learnt Connor's last name was Miner, and Brie's was "Asteria". 

"Okay! We're going to be playing dodgeball today!" Ms Stevens' voice volume sounded like it was stuck at "high". 

The entire class groaned, unified in our dislike for physical exercise.

"Get into two teams and spread out behind the cones!" The teacher instructed.

We did as we were told and the GangGang jogged over behind the cones along with a handful of other classmates.

"Why did our first PE lesson have to be the tv show stereotype?" I groaned. "Do the teachers want us to suffer? What is up with this school?"

"I don't want you to suffer, but I will see to it that you do if you speak poorly about this school and its staff again," Ms Stevens scolded from behind me, and I jumped.

"What the–" I gasped.

Ms Stevens glowered at me. Thankfully, nobody else was paying attention. "First warning, Gypsica. I have faith you will do better in the future."

She ran to get some equipment from the storage room, and I turned to Lily. "Why didn't you use a forget-me-knot?" I asked accusingly, my embarrassment fuelling my temper.

She gulped. "I tried, but... I – I couldn't..." she gasped.

My eyes widened, along with the rest of the Gangs'. 

"What?" Skye squawked.

Lily shook her head. "I don't know. Maybe I used it too many times, for too many bigs things. I think... what if it has a recharge?"

"A recharge?" Casey cut in. "We're not talking about a phone. But... maybe that's the right answer. Because your power is quite probably the most powerful out of the bunch."

The Gang stood in momentary silence.

"Alright everyone! Positions!" Ms Stevens called.

We looked at each other. 
"It's alright," Lily assured. "Let's not worry about it now."

"You sure?" I asked.

She nodded. "It'll be fine. Our main worry now is surviving high-school dodgeball," she smiled, gesturing to the equipment behind us.