y

the sun beat down like a furnace with no breeze to lighten its fiery breath. with a slight breeze passing by and kissing my skin, i mentally cursed because it made me want to stay in the bathroom forever. sleeping in the bathtub sounds nice during summer and hot weather like this.

trees, heavily laden with summer’s full bloom of leaves, seemed to be hanging their heads. a lot of people can be seen on the street and park, either having a vacation or they're off to work. on days like this, my family and i would often go to a beach resort. it became a bonding that would happen every summer already.

i found myself staring at the view outside, standing at the balcony of our room. the resort was nice, the room was neat and huge, and can we talk about the foods? it's a whole buffet out there, i had the urge to just shove foods in my mouth instead of swimming. however, the flaming heat of the sun made me want to throw myself in cold water.

"mom! can i go on the beach?" i shouted and shut the glass door closed, running inside the room to see my parents fixing their clothes and stuff.

"sure sweetie, but be back at dinner, okay?" mom said as she folded the shirt.

i nodded my head and rushed out the room. my loud footsteps echoing in the empty hallway. i noticed the elevator going up, so i waited impatiently in front of it as i pressed the button. i tapped my foot on the ground with arms crossed, hearing the elevator 'ding' as my eyes widened.

i smiled happily once the door opens and found myself bumping into a teenager boy's shoulder. i quickly apologized and noticed that he gave me an irritated glance before stepping out of the elevator. i scoffed and before the doors closed, he stuck his tongue out at me and did a peace sign.

i scrunched my nose in disgust and disbelief, "what the hell?"