k

"the boy from room 301 told me to give this to you."

a worker came up to our room, handing me a small folded note as i bowed and thanked her. i sighed and opened it, my heart beating fast at the words written on it.

“if you see this, go to the beach.”

i dashed out of our room, bumping on some people on my way. but i didn't mind because as soon as i got there, i expected to see him again with his annoying smile and his childish way of sticking his tongue out. i expected to hear that whiny voice again, but to my surprise, only a sandcastle can be seen.

and there's a word written on the sand.

done!

it was the sandcastle that we were supposed to finish together. but he did it all by himself before leaving the resort. i didn't even realize that i was already crying, all i know is that tears are escaping my eyes. i couldn't even ask for his number or social medias.

how am i supposed to find or meet him now?

"idiot." i mumbled and smiled, noticing that he put the flag and seaweed on top of the castle.

i saw another note folded inside the castle and i grabbed it carefully, not wanting to destroy the castle. i sat on the sand with tears still streaming down my face.

“sorry seaweed freak, we couldn't finish the sandcastle together. but don't worry, we'll build one again, soon. who knows, it could be a real house next time ;)”

i laughed and cried at the same time, keeping the notes close to my heart as i stared at the castle. he even left his precious flag just for me. i wiped the tears away and grabbed it, noticing that a paper was wrapped around the stick.

i took it out and rolled it open. my eyes widened at the words and i felt my heart almost exploding as tears started building up at the corner of my eyes again.

“i like you (๑・ω-)~♥”

- tooru

- E N D -