Chapter 2

(A/N): SARINNA YOU TOTALLY LOVE ME NOW FOR ALL THESE UPDATES LMAO

-

After several dozen more failed interviews, George was frustrated and annoyed. 

"He's impossible to work with," he whined to Aka, while they were in the library, looking among the shelves for some boring old biology book he couldn't remember the title of. Which in hindsight made his search quite useless since he didn't even know what he was looking for.

"It." she corrected without turning around. 

"Well, it's impossible to work with."

She paused in her search to glance back at where he was. "I know. But I was hoping since you're new to this facility that he- I mean, it, will open up to you." Since he- no, it hates me now and no one else is willing to work with it. The Japanese girl left those words unspoken.

George groaned. "Well, he isn't."

"Why don't you open up to him first? Maybe then he'll trust you more." Aargh, she just couldn't get the notion into her head that Clay wasn't her childhood friend anymore and he- AAARGH! IT! -Was a cold-blooded killer.

"But-" he frowned. "-you told me not to tell him anything about myself?" The Japanese girl mentally groaned in frustration and officially gave up on changing the "him's" to "it's".

Aka rolled her eyes and turned around to face him fully, leaning on the bookshelf. "Don't be silly. I'm not going to throw my intern into the fire."

"What?"

He was met with another roll of her eyes. "George, you're supposed to be smart."

"Hey!" he pouted, hurt.

"Make up a persona for yourself. A false history. False name. That sort of thing."

By now George figured that they had both given up in search of the elusive book, so he shrugged and sat on a nearby stool. "Oh. Okay."

"But you've got to stick to it. Any inconsistencies and your fake trust falls apart instantly. He -I mean, it- is annoyingly intelligent."

Slowly, the British boy nodded, understanding the giant task in front of him- extracting information from Dream.

It would honestly just be easier to open up to Dream with his real self. But George was scared of what would happen if he did. Would Dream perhaps manipulate him into setting him free?! Manipulate George into hurting someone else?! Possibly making him kill someone else?!

He didn't want to think about the rather morbid possibilities.

"Hey, George? You alive?"

George snapped back to reality, Aka waving her hand in front of his face.