Chapter 9: Helping Jaune

Beacon Auditoriom, Glynda's combat class, 11:50 am

Another day in Beacon Academy, another class, this time it's the combat class. Jaune was in the middle of a duel with a guy named Cardin, things were not lookin so bright for, as he was simply standing there mocking Jaune, who was breathing heavily, clearly exausted. He charged at Cardin and swang his sword, only for Cardin to dodge it, and launch Jaune to the other side of the stage, making him loose grip on his shield. Jaune tried to hit his opponent again, this time, his attack was blocked with Cardin's mace.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead-!

He couldn't finish, as Cardin hit him below the belt, making Jaune drop to the ground. It seemed like it's the end, Jaune was about have his head crushed with a mace. Thankfully he was saved by a buzzer, signaling the end of the fight.

Glynda: Cardin, that's enough! Students, as you can see, Mr. Arc's Aura has now dropped into the red. In a tournament-styled duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle, and that the official may call the match.(Turns to Jaune) Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now. Please try to refer to your scroll during combat. Gauging your Aura will help you decide when it's appropriate to attack, or when it is better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a Beawolf now, would we?

Cardin: Speak for yourself...

Gylda: It seems we have time for one more duel. Does anyone volunteer?

A hand came out of the audiance.

Evie: I do.

Glynda: Well than. Come on to the stage Ms. Frye

Aveline: Did you talk her into this again Jacob?

Jacob: Nope. It wasn't me this time.

Evie step onto the stage and took a battle stance with her cane. Cardin simply smiled.

Cardin: You know I'm not afraid to hit girls, right?

Evie: Funny. I was going to say the same thing.

(A/N: Battle Music!)

Cardin's smirk turned into a frown almost instantly, as he charged at Evie, attempting to smash her with his mace. Evie simply jumped off to the side, with both hands behind her back. Cardin went for another swing with the same result, and again, and again. Finally he seemed to slow down to catch his breath, only to be hit in the face by Evie's cane. In an attempt to strike back, he charged at her, Evie used this opportunity to trip Cardin with her cane, making him fall on his back, she also took out a dagger from the cane and placed it near Cardin's neck. He tried to stand back up, but Evie's look told him otherwise, so he lied back down.

(A/N:end the music here if it's still going)

The buzzer sounded off, signalling the end of the duel. 

Glynda: Bravo, Ms. Frye. (turns to the audience) Today we have seen two good examples of winning duels. By depleting opponents aura, or making them submit. 

Evie put back her dagger in the cane and gave Cardin a helping hand. He refused, slapping Evie's hand away and storming off the stage. 

Glynda: Remember, everyone, the Vytal Festival is only a few months away! It won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose to compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale!