Chapter 2

Genevieve's POV

At lunch, I was narrating my story to my friends what had happened. Monica laughed and laughed. 

"You actually yelled at him?" she asked, tears in her eyes.

I nodded popping another fry in my mouth. Emily on the other hand wasn't so amused.

"Serves him right. Who does he think he is anyway, bumping into someone and asking what's wrong with them?" she scoffed.

Right then, one of Blake's friends came and sat right next to me. Andrew O'Marley.

"Great. Another one of them," Emily said under her breath but loud enough for everyone to hear.

He just laughed. "Relax, Mama. We're not all the same."

Emily scrunched up her face. "Don't call me that," she said.

He ignored her and turned to Monica, who was staring at him. 

He winked at her and she blushed.

"So Andrew, what are you doing here?" I asked. "Aren't you supposed to be with your popular soccer friends?"

"Well, I thought I'd eat with you guys today," he answered.

Then he brought out a piece of paper. "I'm surprised you made it through classes without this." 

He handed it to me. It was my schedule. I must've dropped it when Blake walked into me.

I always made it a habit to memorize my schedules so I never needed them.

"Oh, thanks. I didn't think I needed it so I didn't even know it was gone." I said.

"Oh and by the way, I love how you stood up to Blake today. It was hilarious. No one ever speaks to him that way."

"Really?" I asked.

Andrew nodded his head and grabbed a few fries from my tray. Then he just left.

"He was interesting..." I said looking at my now almost empty plated of fries.

"He was so mysterious," Monica said dreamily "Don't you think so, Em?"

Emily huffed. "I would very much like to change the subject." She looked at me for help. 

"Well, I am super excited for the writing competition." I said. 

"Ah, yes. Our upcoming novelist. Genevieve Carter," giggled Nica. 

"I am serious. This could be my big break. To become a world renowned writer!"

"Right," Em said rolling her eyes "I always thought you were more into fashion, Genevieve." 

"I thought she was more into singing," Nica giggled again.

"Then it was dancing." Em laughed.

"And acting,"

"And poetry,"

"I have a lot of hobbies, okay?" I said defensively. But they just continued laughing.

I sighed. These girls.

....

Walking of to Bio class, I realized I was looking out for Blake so I could avoid him.

It's not that I was afraid of him or whatever, I was just being cautious.

I really didn't like Biology class. Mostly because of the teacher. She just had it in for me for no reason at all.