Chapter 3

Genevieve's POV

I got to French class earlier than I usually would have. I still couldn't get Blake's face out of my mind. Strangely I felt bad for saying what I said.

I groaned and put my head on the table. I was so soft.

"Hey, you!" someone said beside me.

I looked up to see Andrew smirking at me. He took French?

I stared at him, wondering if I should interact or not.

I shrugged and replied, slightly incredulously "I didn't know you took French."

He chuckled a little "Why is it so hard to believe? That's what I get every time I walk into class."

"Well, I'm not that surprised actually. A lot of people who don't look like they take French take French." I said.

"Well, the guys would be here any minute. I want to introduce you to them." he said looking at my notebook which had doodles all over it.

A raised a brow. "You talk like we're already friends."

"We are, aren't we?" he asked.

He looked harmless enough. I shrugged.

Soon, among others, three guys came in and he waved them over.

"Hey guys, so this is Super Girl, who had the guts to yell at Blake and make it hilarious at the same time."he said. "Plus, she's my new favorite person."

I looked at them, all staring at me. They were extremely cute.

Aiden, with his wavy, black hair and warm brown eyes. He was always eating. In the hallway I saw him with a small bag of chips. Then he was eating peanuts in French class. Luke was the tallest with calm blue eyes and dirty blond hair. He never really spoke much but when he did it was always thoughtful. And lastly, Max who had brown hair exactly the same shade as Andrew's. Even their eyes were slightly similar.

I looked between them in confusion.

"We're twins," they said simultaneously.

Then they glared at each other. 

"Quit that," they said together again.

I stiffled my laughter and glanced at Luke. He was checking out my book. 

"You write?" he asked seeing my small character notes. 

"Yeah, you?"

He shrugged "Don't really have time. Your work looks good so far though."

"Thanks."

The rest of French class was actually kinda fun. I got to know the boys and they were really nice. 

...

After school, I was at my locker getting my  books when the guys came up to me again. They were all dressed in their soccer uniforms.

"Don't you guys have practice?" I asked.

They shrugged. "We'll be there in a minute." Andrew said.

Suddenly Monica and Emily rushed up from behind me. 

"Oh. Hey guys," I said.

"Genevieve, where have you been...?" Monica practically screamed then trailed off.

Then she caught a glance at the four guys.

"...And when were you going to introduce your friends to us?" She smiled at them sweetly and batted her eyelashes.

Emily rolled her eyes and I sighed. 

"Guys, these are Monica and Emily. Monica and Emily, these are the guys." I said.

"Hi," Emily said politely and the nodded at her. Monica on he other hand was flirting with Andrew. I groaned inwardly at her behaviour.

Then we all started talking. I was telling the guys about my plan to win the writing competition.

"Why?" Aiden asked. 

"So she can be popular, duhh. And then she'll be the queen of the school," joked Monica.

I laughed. "Right, Monica. As if."

Emily piped up "I wouldn't mind a new queen of the school."

She was looking at the end of the hallway where Kara Jennings stood snickering with the rest of the cheer squad at a freshman who had tripped on her way out.

"Ugh, klutzy much?" She said as she led they way to the football field where they would practice. The squad giggled again.

"She is pretty hot, though." Said a smirking Max.

"Yeah, hot but evil. Have you seen what she does to people just so she can get her way?" Andrew said, folding his arms.

"I heard she threatened to get a girl expelled if she wore the same shade of lipstick as her again." Monica said, shuddering.

"Ugh, vain much?" I said mimicking Kara.

Everyone laughed at that. 

All of a sudden, someone shouted the guys' names! 

I looked behind them to see Blake. And he was not happy.

"Where have you guys been and  who are you talking to..." he trailed off when he saw me.

Our eyes locked. He blinked and looked away.

"Sorry dude, we were on our way." Andrew said, all too aware of the little moment that happened between Blake and I.

My phone vibrated in my pocket. It was  a text from my mom.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow, my ride's here." I said, picking up my bag. 

I hugged my best friends and jogged to my mom's car in the parking lot.

"Hey Mom,"  I said as I closed the door.

"Hi Sweetie. How was school?" She asked pulling out of the school.

I looked at the window and shrugged. "It was fine."

"Miss Crystal still has it in for you?" She asked with a teasing smile.

I rolled my eyes. "Mom, she hates my guts. And today she paired me up with Blake Harrington. Jerkus extraordinaire."

"Harrington?" She asked. "Do you think he could be related to Kristina?

"Kristina? Your... your college friend?" 

"Yes," she answered. "You know, she recently moved back here with her family."

"Oh."

"I met her at the supermarket this morning. It was so good seeing her."

I was already lost in my own thoughts. What if Blake was Kristina's son. Would that mean we'd have to be friends too?  Would that mean I'd see a lot of him?

I shook my head. That was silly.

But then again...

Oh no. My cliche life would probably make that possible.

I groaned for the umpteenth time that day.

********

AUTHOR'S NOTE

Well, that's chapter three. Sorry for the late update. Don't forget to vote and comment. Thanks.

-T

G.O.L.D.On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara