Chapter 4 Party of a Lifetime

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

NOTE: This is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, places, stories or events, are fictitious.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Date: January 7, 1989

Time: 9:47PM

Chapter 4 Party of a Lifetime

"Has the party ended already?'

We have arrived at the 24K Skyscraper and a huge line is cutting a way for me and Charles to get inside. I told Charles to stay in line just in case there will be problems if we ever cut in line. I went ahead and reached the Entrance of the building. The bodyguards stopped me and started to question me with a Russian accent.

"You're not on the list my friend, people with tickets or on the list are allowed inside, so get out of my sight"

"Sorry sir, I'll just go grab my tickets, don't worry" I replied.

The Russian bodyguard looked pissed and I believe he didn't quite get my message.

"Be sure, or you don't want to end up like the others otva'li"

I rushed back to Charles and dragged him to the front entrance. And the guard looked extra pissed than before.

"DIDN'T I TOLD YOU ALREADY?! I SAID--"

I took the tickets from Charles and gave it to the guard. He took the tickets, counted and scanned it with a scanning gadget from his left hand, and opened the doors for us.

"Пиздец, you may enter, and please enjoy the party," he said with a tune.

Charles and I entered the building and there is a big hallway with a reception desk in the middle of the lobby. The entire lobby looks like it was made out of marble with decorative Gold and intricate designs and patterns from the flooring to the ceiling. Charles and I are shocked to see that the building is so marvelous inside and out. As we were walking towards the reception desk a woman was on the phone talking to someone.

"Sure thing sir I will give you the updates soon, enjoy the party"

The female receptionist looked at us, ended the call, and placed the telephone where it was.

"How can I help you, two gentlemen?" She asked.

I placed my hand on the counter and said.

"We would like to know where the party of Dexter Wright is being held."

She stood up and pointed to the elevator to the right.

"Take the elevator and go up to the 65th Floor and turn left there will be a post-board pointing to the party"

I replied in an orderly fashion with gratitude "Thank ma'am"

"Will that be all gentlemen?" she asked.

Charles came in front of me and asked the receptionist.

"Yes, I do have a question. How many floors are there in the building?"

The receptionist laughed and replied happily.

"There are exactly 70 floors sir that includes the rooftop"

Charles' eyes widened and I laughed just by looking at him. After that, I thanked the receptionist and pulled Charles to the elevator, and pressed the 65button in the elevator. Once the door closes, elevator music starts to play. We remained silent throughout the 20 levels then suddenly Charles brought out his pencil and started to play with it with his fingers.