Chapter 6 The Meeting

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

NOTE: This is a work of fiction. Any names, characters, places, stories or events, are fictitious.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><>

Date: January 8, 1989

Time: 9:32 AM

Chapter 6 The Meeting

The hot topic?

We drove to Elizabeth's Studio and got out of the car, I was beginning to tremble. Charles patted my shoulder and said.

"Come on we can't let this go to waste now, remember I got your back"

I gave a nod and we both walked to the studio entrance. Once we reached the entrance there were 2 strange men standing in front of us blocking the entrance they let us through though, I and Charles were confused and we entered the studio, and Elizabeth was standing in front of us.

"You came, and you brought Charles? Is that your name?" she asked.

Charles smiled.

"Yes that's my name, so where can we meet this Dexter?" Charles asked

"He is waiting in the recording room, you can find him if you take the stairs and head to the right."

"Thank you" Charles replied.

As we were about to walk down Elizabeth grabbed my arm stopping me from going down.

"William, do you have a minute?" she asked.

"Sure" I replied.

Looking at Elizabeth's posture she looked scared.

"I know how Dexter works around here and I'm not sure why he wants to meet you and this is a new move by him. And I am worried for the both of you."

I held Elizabeth's hand, calmed her down, and said.

"I know, but we are prepared for this and if anything happens go to my house, you where it is."

Elizabeth nodded and went outside. I was frightened by what Elizabeth meant by the new move, if Dexter rarely does this I wonder what will happen to me and Charles. I walked down the stairs and 1 bodyguard with tattoos on his face and wearing a black suit, his taller than me and intimidating. He bent over to me and asked me a question. His voice was deep and Russian like. Seems to me that I don't want to see his bad side.

"Are you William Kain?" he asked.

"Yes I am, why?" I replied.

"Dexter wants to talk to you and your friend, your friend is inside".

He stepped aside and opened the door, I walked inside the recording room and the door shut behind me. I can see Dexter in his white tuxedo, holding a glass of whiskey in his hand

"AHHHHHHH the man himself how are you doing Detective? doing well? Because I am!"

Just listening to his conversation pisses me off. I can see why most people don't like him. I looked to my left and Charles was just sitting down on the sofa.

"Come on take a seat, we have some business to discuss, and grab a glass if you want. I sat next to Charles and Charles served himself a shot of whiskey.

"So what is the occasion, Dexter?" I asked nervously.

"Well, I am celebrating my business 20th Anniversary, what else?" he replied.