Reckless

"Captain Typho has more than enough men downstairs. No assassin would try that way"

Obi-Wan had been absent to count just how many men the Captain had stationed outside of the Senator's quarters, to ensure the route towards the room was completely covered in the event any assassin might try to pass by them in some way shape or form.

He entered from the elevator he previous exited from, taking off his cloak and throwing it onto one of the couches as he walked. He definitely looked better out of the overgrown cloak than in it, Lyra thought, especially with the white undershirt poking out from his collar and sleeves. Lyra was glad he didn't catch her stare, it would be hard to explain exactly as to why she suddenly imagined Obi-Wan taking much more off than just his cloak.

She chided herself for the brazen thought, one she thought she had managed to overcome by now and had been lying forgotten in the back of her mind.

"Any activity up here?" The older Jedi enquired.

"Nothing" Lyra replied glancing at Anakin at her side as the two wandered towards Obi-Wan.

"Quiet as a tomb" The Padawan added. A little distasteful way of phrasing it.

"I don't like just waiting here for something to happen to her"

Obi-Wan was checking the com device he'd retrieved from inside his of his cream coloured robes, it beeped in his hand loudly.

"What's going on?"

"Ah, she covered the cameras" Anakin clarified to his Master turning to glance towards the door down the small corridor "I don't think she liked us watching her"

"Liked you watching her, young Skywalker" Lyra corrected with a raised eyebrow at the taller man who merely gave a silent huff under his breath. Padme had felt no discomfort passed in Lyra's direction when she spoke of covering her cameras, then again she hadn't felt much hesitation with Anakin watching either. It was completely different reason as to why she'd requested the action in the first place, one that ran much deeper than unneeded bashfulness.

"What is she thinking?" Obi-Wan walked towards the distant door with a frown, it was a risky move to do, Lyra would agree but regardless if the Senator required privacy, then who were they to deny it. She clearly knew what she was doing.

Lyra suspected it a trap, bait for the assassin.

"She programmed R2 to warn us if there's an intruder" Anakin explained.

"There are many other ways to kill a senator" Obi-Wan mumbled back worryingly.

"I know" the Padawan agreed "but we also want to catch this assassin, don't we, Master?".

"You should have more trust in her, Master Kenobi" Lyra hummed, though she could understand where his hesitation derived from. It was harder to keep an eye on somebody when you couldn't physically see them.

"You're using her as bait?" The elder Jedi turned towards the pair who had walked up behind him, crossing his arms over his chest.

"It was her idea" Anakin defended himself nervously shuffling on his feet.

"Senator Amidala wouldn't take no for an answer, even while we advised against her plan" She felt the needed to clarify, seeing as Obi-Wan was clearly still in doubt of this revelation.

"Don't worry. No harm will come to her I can sense everything going on in that room" Anakin said, "Trust me".

He really didn't have the best inclination at how unrefined he worded his sentences.