Searching

Another rough twist sent her already aching hip against the inside of the door of the ship roughly, her grip on Obi-Wan's arm and the said door becoming impossibly harder. It was a miracle she hadn't been thrown from the speeder already, she suspected Obi-Wan's secure hold on her had something to do with it.

For sure, she would've landed on the lower levels of Coruscant in a heap of flesh right about now if the combined effort of both her and her fellow Jedi knight weren't keeping her there while Anakin dipped the ship down and raced down at a 180 degree angle that stole all air from her lungs.

They were heading right towards a massive cruiser below them.

"Pull up, Anakin" The bearded Jedi breathed against the back of her neck bracing them both back against the leather seat "Pull up!"

Anakin did nothing of the sort and only laughed at their side, the pure euphoric glee radiating off him being almost infectious enough to make her smile.

Seconds from colliding with the large ship, the padawan pulled the ship up only to make Obi-Wan gasped aloud "Whoa!" They rocked from side to side as it evened out.

"Careful! You know I don't like it when you do that" The elder Jedi complained loudly to his Padawan who she caught smirking in delight at his Master's distress.

"Sorry, Master. I forgot you didn't like flying" Anakin replied smugly, dodging more oncoming traffic speeding across lines and cutting corners far too disorderly.

"I don't mind flying..." he braced, holding his breath when they began dropping altitude again "but what you're doing is suicide!"

The young Skywalker all but laughed "Master, you know I've been flying since before I could walk. I'm very good at this".

"Define, 'good' would you, Skywalker?" Lyra glanced in his direction from her position on Obi-Wan's lap, seeing the younger Jedi happy and carefree as ever.

"I haven't crashed yet" Anakin said twisting the wheel to avoid a head to head collision with another speeder even while he took the time to smirk at her. 'Yet' was the defining aspect of that phrase, one she was tempted to lecture him on if Obi-Wan's worried cry hadn't interrupted the look shared between the two younger Jedi.

"Anakin! How many times have I told you- Ah! -"

The activated electricity field of power couplings, curtesy of the the assassin and their astoundingly good aim, cut the older Jedi off in his warning. The speeder happily running itself right down the middle as Anakin sped it forward without a seconds hesitation. "Ow, ow, ow, stay-" He gasped loudly while all three of their bodies shook with the force of the energy vibrating through their bodies "away from power couplings!".

It stung more than it hurt, and the buzz it left behind on her skin in its wake made her feel like she'd just had one too many alcoholic shots from a cheap club on the lower levels of Coruscant. Luckily that faded after several seconds.

"That was good!" Obi-Wan remarked sarcastically.

When the speeder they were perusing suddenly banked left down a tunnel and their continued forward in a straight line, Lyra couldn't help but frown. What exactly was Skywalker up to now? The padawan hadn't failed to surprise her time and time again up until now, a trait he'd surely picked up from his Master too.

"Where are you going? He went that way" The older Jedi pointed back towards the tunnel with a frown.

"Or she" Lyra corrected only to earn her an eye roll from Kenobi she caught at the edge of her vision.