1

The party was at its peak. A few were killing the dance floor while the others were around the bar. Everyone was enjoying and the host was sure to make it the best party of the month. Nobody knew the storm which was waiting for them.

Torn cloth, messy hairs, blank face of a girl was telling her story. Dragging her weak body, holding her clothes to hide her modesty she stood at the gate of the house. Her teary helpless eyes were looking for her saviour, her only family, her best friend, her brother. Finding him standing in the middle of the dance floor, he was enjoying.

Her tears increased as she looked at him but her throat died as she tried to call him. Darkness was surrounding her. She tried to steady herself and the large flowerpot fell grabbing everyone's attention. The room fell silent looking at her condition. He also stopped and turned towards the main gate. His eyes widen and anger started to form in his veins looking at her condition. Her state was screaming her condition, screaming how someone had taken her modesty.

A sob escaped her throat as her eyes met his and she inaudibly whispered, "Bhai!"

He ran towards her but she falls as the darkness consumed her.

Taking her fragile figure in his arms he cried, "Mukti! Baby! Open your eyes!"

Her eyes fluttered as she fought with the darkness. Gulping a lump she whispered, "Don't leave him, Bhai. Punish him!"

Controlling his misty eyes he asked as anger was on its surface, "Who was it?"

"Harshad!", with that darkness consumed her leaving his brother determined to take the avenge.

*******

After 3 years.

Pushing the glasses on her nose, she entered her college.

Space Academy. Three years have passed but still, she is just a nobody for everyone.

From the first day, she was tagged as a nerd. Not because of the large thick glasses she wore without which she can't see. Not because of the full clothes she wore. She was just tagged as a nerd without any reason. Or there was a reason which nobody knew.

She was a silent, serious student who loves to spend her free time with her books.

Following her daily routine, she winds up her books as the bell rang indicating that college is over. Taking her bag she looked around and waits till the students leave.

After finding the premise empty, she walked towards the backyard of college where she sat waiting for someone.

She smiled as she remembers how things have turned in the past one and half year. She never thought that she will ever fall in love with anyone moreover, someone will love her back.

She never got a proposal by anyone neither in school nor in college. But as if destiny had planned things for her he crashed to her.

A smile adorned on her face as their first meet flashed in her mind. How they were passing by the corridors where she was busy in her syllabus and schedule for 3 semesters while he was checking the same in his mobile. They crashed and her glasses fell off her nose blurring everything around her. Others laughed on her, as they passed by while she struggled to find her glasses when suddenly everything was clear for as someone made her wear the glasses.

Blinking her eyes, she looked at the face who helped her. He was crouching down in front of her with an infectious smile which made her lips curve upwards.

"I'm so sorry!", he apologized and tucked her strand behind her ear which immediately heated her cheeks.

Casting her eyes down, she hurriedly picked her papers to stop her heat rushing to her cheeks and replied, "It's ok! I'm sorry too!"