3

(Harper Beckham as Mannat Manik Malhotra)

After dropping Mukti and Ananya, Manik left for his office. All the way, Mannat's thoughts occupied his heart and mind.

Inside his cabin, Cabir was waiting for him.

"You're still here, why?", Manik asked, making Cabir surprised because of his smile.

"What's going on? Not that I have any problem, but why are so smiling?", he asked as, after five years, he saw him smiling.

"I'm happy! Now, will you tell me, why are you here?"

Nodding Cabir said, "I thought that Navya's cousin sister, Soha, is single and likes you, so I think you should date her."

Rolling his eyes, Manik said, "Cabir! When will you stop acting like a matrimonial company or some neighbor aunty? Dude! Chill! It's not like I'm dying soon."

"Woah! That was an unexpected answer! I mean, for a second, I felt the old Manik is back!"

"Ain't you happy? I'm still the same, Manik! Now! Shuu! Go away! I have lots to do, unlike you! Nalla insaan!", he dismissed Cabir and starts reading a file.

Confusingly, Cabir stood saying, "Okay! I'll-- I'll just go."

Manik laughed at his confused retreating figure. Suddenly, Mannat's face flashed in his mind making him smile.

The next day, Manik woke up and decided to drop Ananya to her school.

On the way, he asked Ananya, "Princess! Do you know Mannat?"

Frowning, Ananya said, "Mamu! Why?"

"Mukti and her daughter! Never answer a question without asking another question!", he mumbled under his breath.

"Princess! Why so many questions? Tell me, do you know Mannat?", he asked, tickling her stomach with one hand while the other holds the steering.

Giggling, she answered, "Mannat! Yes! She is in the sunflower grtop! I will in Rose grtop."

"I will no baby, I am.", he corrected her to which she nodded, munching her chocolate.

"You're her friend?"

"No! She never talks! No friends!", her answer made him frown.

They reached her school and crouching down in front of her, Manik gave chocolate which made her squeal. Hugging him, she ran inside while Manik followed her but went towards sunflower group.

Tiny little kids were playing with each other, some were coming inside, but his eyes were finding only one baby. He looked everywhere and found her sitting on the first bench, doing something in her copy.

Without thinking twice, he went inside her classroom as there was still time for the class to start. There was no teacher.

He went to Mannat and knocked on her forehead, "Knock. Knock."