chapter three

love at first sight

"oof," dahlia grunted as she fell backwards unto the pavement

"oof," dahlia grunted as she fell backwards unto the pavement. meanwhile, the boy she knocked into didn't seem to fare any better as he was also knocked down on the ground. dahlia flushed as she remembered that it was her fault as to why they were both down on the floor. hastily getting up she offered the boy a hand stating, "i'm really sorry." instead of taking her hand or acknowledging her apology, the boy just glared at her. picking himself back up, he looked at her outstretched hand with disgust.

"its fine," he briskly stated.

feeling awkward with her hand still stretched out she quickly pulled it back to her side. "no really, it was my fault. if i had just looked as to where i was going," she rambled.

"i said it's fine," the boy cut her off and with that started walking off, but not before giving her one last glare.

dahlia shut up, an inconceivable notion her father would say, and let him walk off. as he walked away she murmured quietly, "what a git."

luckily, she didn't have long to dwell on the rude boy as she was quickly distracted by a familiar figure coming her way.

"dahlia," a blond figure shouted running towards her.

dahlia smiles as she shouted back, "neville!" she quickly engulfed the figure in a tight hug that could rival molly weasley's. "i missed you," she muttered into his ear.

"missed you more," he whispered back as he let go off her.

you see neville was not only her best friend, but they were each other's god siblings. and given as they were both only children, they quickly formed a bond much like twins (especially since their birthdays were only a day apart).

"how was spain," she asked him.

"excellent," he excitedly said. grinning as he began to tell her about the things, namely plants, that he learned about abroad.

in the middle of neville retelling dahlia about the many plants he discovered while on holiday, their parents finally found them nearing fortescue's.

dahlia smiled as she made her way to her parents and godparents.

"oh dahlia," alice sighed. "look how pretty you've grown," she said twirling her around. "your dads going to have to beat the boys away with a stick pretty soon," she winked at her.

"boys? what boys," her father asked as he made his way towards the pair. "now dahlia," he said, "you know the rule. no dating-"

"til i'm thirty," dahlia sighed as she looked up at him. "i know dad."

"good," james grinned. "your my little girl, and i won't have any nasty, snotty boy stealing you away," he said taping her nose, grinning as she scrunched it up.

"now," he picked her up. "how about some ice cream?"

all in all, despite the rude boy she encountered, it was shaping up to be a good day.