chapter seven

platform 9 3/4

platform nine and three quarters was chaos incarnate

platform nine and three quarters was chaos incarnate. all across the platform you could see families running to get their children a compartment, freaking out over missing pets (especially those poor souls who decided a toad would be a good idea), and of course dramatic goodbyes. the last one is especially true when your godfather is Sirius Black.

"oh prongslette," sirius sobbed. "what will I do now that you've left me alone with these losers." he pulled dahlia into a hug so tight the wind rushed out of her.

"oi," james cried. "who are you calling losers?" he asked. "need i remind you that it was you whose been crying about today for the last year."

"okay," lily started, "if we're arguing about who the biggest loser is we'll be here all day. now," she said as she broke dahlia free from sirius' tight grasp before pulling her into her own. "i love you flower," she whispered into dahlia's ear before pulling away. "if you need anything, your dad and i are only an owl away. a floo call away if you go talk to your uncle remus."

hearing his wife talk about his friend tuned james back in as he said, "make sure you give him hell for us," he paused, "him and minnie." 

lily slapped the back of her husband's head and turned to her daughter, "do not give your teachers hell. make sure you behave." then she turned back to her husband, "and you, don't encourage her to get into trouble. there is no need for a second generation of marauders." at those words, two ginger boys perked their heads. 

james, however, felt that his wife was wrong. "I'll have you know lily-flower," grinning as he saw lily scrunching her nose in disgust, "that being a marauder is an honour of the highest degree," following those words, he turned to dahlia. "now in order for you to be able to follow in our footsteps, you'll need this." 

dahlia took the package her father offered her. "a cloak," she said, "what do i need an old cloak for?"

her dad and sirius looked at each other with twinkling eyes before looking back at her with an amused stare "you'll see," they both replied.

before more could be said, a warning bell echoed through the platform. the previously amused stares of her parents and her godfather turned somber and dahlia found her self once more in a tight grasp. this one the tightest yet as she was huddled between them all. dahlia felt herself being squeezed once more before being let go. 

exchanging the last set of I love you's, dahlia rushed to her compartment. finding neville in it and an unknown boy with ginger hair, she settled in. dahlia turned to face the window finding her family still gathered on the platform. she felt the train start to move as she watched her parents and godfather wave her goodbye. the last thing she saw as the train left the station was her mother grinning and wiping tears out of her eyes.

with a heavy heart and a body drumming with excitement she turned her attention back to the compartment.

"so," she turned to the only unknown passenger in the room, to her at least. "what's your name?"

xx

hey guys it's been awhile! sorry for the long wait but I hope that now that summers started I'll have plenty of time to update this book! thank you so much for all the appreciation for this book! I appreciate every save, comment and vote :)

this chapter might be a little rough so bare with me, I'll fix it eventually.

anyways!! till next time!!

<3 karla