~1~

Chapter One
Diagon Alley, Birthday Presents
and Family Reunions
---

August 1st, 1994

3rd Person

---

Lupin-Black cottage was quiet. Leo was the only one up, and he was writing a letter to Madeline Potter, telling her to meet him at Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour when their families met in Diagon Alley today for Hope's birthday.

Everyone was meeting in Diagon Alley to celebrate Hope and Harry's birthdays. Remus had finally agreed to get James a kitten, and she was super excited about it, even though Sirius hated cats.

Leo heard his parent's alarm clock go off, and he quickly rolled up the letter and gave it to his owl, Hermes, and sent him out the window.

Lupin-Black cottage was located in Godric's Hollow, two houses away from the Potter's.

Leo looked up when he heard someone coming down the stairs to see Sirius and Remus walking down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Suddenly there was a knock on the door, and Leo got up to get it. When Leo opened the door, Regulus was standing there with a wrapped gift in his hands.

"Uncle Reg!" Leo yelled, as Sirius walked into the room to see what Leo was telling about.

"Hey Lion, where's your sister at?" Regulus said, walking through the door and embracing Leo.

"She's still asleep Reg. I suggest it stay that way for a while, she won't be happy if she gets woken up." Sirius spoke up, embracing his brother and not noticing his daughter standing at the bottom of the stairs with her arms crossed and an angry look on her face.

"Too late." she said, walking over to Leo and resting her head on his shoulder, closing her eyes.

"How'd you sleep, Angel?" Regulus asked.

"Fine." She said, looking over toards the kitchen. "Papa, can you make me some coffee please?"

"Sure baby." Remus said from the kitchen, walking into the living room a couple of minutes later with a tray in his hands. Jamie grabbed her Gryffindor mug, dropping two scoops of sugar into her coffee, taking her spoon and stirring it, and taking a sip.

Leo mouthed something that Jamie couldn't see to Regulus and turned to look at her, smiling sweetly down at her.

"So Jamie, what are you going to do if Malfoy ruins your birthday with his presence?" Leo asked calmly.

"Punch him in his stupid mouth." Jamie said, taking another sip of her coffee.

Regulus and Sirius beamed proudly, and Remus gave Leo a stern look, trying to hide his smile.

"And what is your come back to anything he says about you or your friends?" Leo continued.

"At least I have friends that like me, you twitchy little ferret." Jamie said, draining the rest of her coffee and getting up to put her mug in the sink.

"Why do you call him ferret again?" Sirius asked.

"Uncle James turned him into a ferret in Transfiguration class as an example. Minnie wasn't in class at the time of course. When are we leaving for Diagon Alley Papa?" Jamie asked Remus, looking more awake then she had five seconds prior.

They had agreed to meet the Potter and Pettigrew families at the Leaky Couldron around noon.

Jamie looked at the clock above the fireplace to see that it was 11:45 AM.