chapter 7

Hidden scars

It is rightly said, the scars from mental cruelty can be as deep and long lasting than wounds from physical assault.

Like every other kid, Prince Jalal too was the child born with inbuilt innocence, honesty and no evilness or malice in mind.Although he tried living a carefree life under the shade of his foster mother's love and affection, but the ugly truth of his birth mother remained an irrevocable scar throughout his life. 

Knowing, he was the child of a deposed queen, son of a disrespectful woman who was thrown out of the palace for her evil deeds churned his little heart.

Although he got love from his adoptive mother, but the constant rejection from his own father and family broke his heart brutally forever.He was always sidelined and ridiculed by his father while his brothers and sisters joined in to poke fun at him.

He was named as the disfavored child of the emperor,often bullied by people of older and younger ages. He was hurt and mad beyond imagination, running away was the only way he could think of every time rather facing someone.

It was too overbearing for a small child to accept the ugly truth of his origin. He felt so crushing that he could not even breathe. In order not to reveal the deep cut inside his heart, he started hiding himself.

The aggressive bullying and lack of affection from his own family has turned himself into a monster in disguise. He exuded an oppressive aura that did not let people look down on him. 

Slowly distancing himself from everyone, he accompanied his foster uncle Subedaar Raheem, 'brother of Begum Sakeena', to war feilds.

Under his guidance, he refined himself into an unbeatable warrior. 

                     ~☆~☆~☆~

Eastern palace (Second prince quarter)

“Your highness! Your highness?” 

The prince furiously strode towards his residence completely ignoring the person following him,  holding his sword that shined in rage he stepped ahead taking long steps with blood dripping down from the sword ,behind him all the way.

As he walked towards his chamber, the maids shrank back terrified clearing his way and stood aside lowering their head, their hands trembled in fear. Utterly scared, they even forgot to greet him. 

It was very rare for them to see him around, for he has always been away from the palace since he became an adolescent.

 Unlike his other siblings he was sent to a faraway small province by his father for obvious reasons and it was only times like this that he gets to visit his palace in the capital city. Being treated with indifference does look normal now, hurts less than before.

He kicked the doors of his chamber and walked in,throwing his blood stained sword on the floor. He looked at his image in the mirror.His eyes were blood red while his hands curled up in fists of fury. He was literally looking like a beast right now. 

His eyebrows furrowed deep. If someone were to walk in now they would most likely either beg for their little life or look for the nearest exit the next second. He had such a dangerous glint in his eyes. He hated,when people looked down on him. Though not new but still this triggers a wrong nerve.

"Your, your highness?”
The man with a valiant tall figure dared to speak from behind.

“Out I said,” he shouted making his personal bodyguard retreat back for a moment, only to re approach seconds later accompanied by another certain someone.

 The prince brought Nabeel, to the palace at a very young age. Prince Jalal was on his military campaigns when he found this abandoned child wandering on the streets with nowhere else to go. 

It has been few good years now since Nabeel followed the second prince.

He already informed the imperial physician on his way back to the prince quarters as his wounds needed immediate treatment. Nabeel had to look after his lord as, he least cared about himself.

Soon after few minutes, the physician arrived and anxiously stepped in with his medical kit and kneeled right in front of the prince,waiting for his permission to work on his wounds.