"Betrayal" Chapter 1

Nia fought to breathe as she struggled against the bonds and chains that bound her. She looked up at the figure who strode into the room stepping into the light of a dim bulb that hung from the ceiling.   

"Nia did you really think I cared about you" A man with blond hair and a burgundy suit sat on a chair across from her casually putting on white gloves, he then reached out and lifted up her chin.

Nia's eyes widened in shock at her right hand man who had been by her side for years. Helping to create the feared assassin group named the Black Butterfly. He had stood with her when her family cast her out her and left her on her own. She had loved him but hadn't realized it till she was captured by the assassins and saw him go down in the fight.

"Oh Nia Nia you are so naive, it was almost too easy. But I didn't do this alone, Oh no I had help why do you think no one has come to save you yet?" He tisked his tongue and called towards the door.  "Darling come out our guest would like to see who it is that helped me take over the Black Butterfly" 

A low laugh sounded through the gloom and another figure stepped into the light. His Black hair fell over his brows and his blue eyes laughed at her.  

"Nia dearest I couldn't wait for this day, I planed for this for years haven't I Zang darling?" 

Zang pulled him into his lap and turned to look at Nia who's eyes widened and tears slid down her ivory cheeks and dripped onto cold stone ground, her red hair scattered over her shoulders.

"Where are my manners I forgot to take this off" Zang reached over and pulled the gag out of Nia's mouth. 

"H how c could you Bei, my brother! Zang I thought you went down in the fight." Nia's shoulders shook as her tears fell harder. Her eyes wide with shock that her brother and right hand man betrayed her. 

Zang laughed and turned to Bei, "That was just what we wanted you to see." Then he turned to Bei "would you like to do the honors Doll?"

Bei slowly got up from Zang's lap and moved to where Nia knelt. His voice soft and low "Nia how could I let you lead such a powerful organization, your just a Illegitimate child. I am a rightful son of the respected Tang family. Only I can lead them to honor and glory."  He laughed and reached out his hand. He smiled gently and waved it in a graceful arc and a  lightning bolt shot out of his palm and into Nia's heart. 

As Nia felt the life leave her she swore in her heart that if she could do it all over that she would. She had no regrets she had loved her family and put them first in everything despite being the illegitimate child who would never earn their love. Even when now that her brother who had doted on her and encouraged her had then turned and stabbed her in the back. This pain was worse than the lightning that was wrecking havoc in her body.  She stared at him and saw the glee in his eyes but beyond that she saw a flicker of pain. With her last breath she looked up and her brother and whispered. 

"Bei I forgive you" then she closed her eyes and everything went dark.