Snape's Unknown Secret

"Harry we have to talk." Harry stopped asking questions. Dumbledore sounded too serious for Harry's liking.
"Please come with me to my office." Harry obeyed and followed Dumbledore out of the classroom. Harry's heart was beating in his ears again. He was in so much trouble, Dumbledore probably knew that Harry was in the restricted section.

Harry's mind wandered as they headed down many corridors. But was brought back to reality when Dumbledore spoke to someone.
"Ah! Severus! Come with us please!" Harry looked up at Snape.
"So YOU were the one out of bed Potter!" Snape sneered. "Of course you were! I'm going to give you the worst detention of-"
"Severus! There will be no detentions for Potter."
"Why headmaster, he has clearly broken the rules and arrogantly strutted the halls after curfew!"
"Severus please! Come with us to my office, there is something we must discuss."

Snape looked down at Harry and then back at Dumbledore and nodded. They made their way to a large gargoyle at the end of a hall. Harry wondered why they would be stopped at q gargoyle when Dumbledore muttered lemon drops and it started moving. They walked up the stairs that appeared behind the gargoyle and into Dumbledore's office. It was large and was covered with magical devices and trinkets. Please wait over by my desk. Harry's heart beat so loudly that he was sure Snape could hear it. Harry knew he was in so much trouble, he was probably going to be expelled. Harry felt like his legs had turned to jello and he couldn't feel them anymore. Dumbledore placed a large bowl on his desk in front of Snape and Harry. I want both of you to look at this memory that I have stored away. Its very important that both of you view it now.

Harry was about to ask what the bowl was for when Dumbledore interrupted.
"Harry this is a pensive. Wizards can store their memories and view them later on in a pensive. I have this one here." Dumbledore said as he poured a silvery blue liquid into the bowl of water.
Both of you will view it together.
"Headmaster, what are you doing?" Snape asked.
"Just trust me." Dumbledore said back to snape.
Snape glared down at Harry.
"Now put your heads in." Dumbledore said one last time.

Harry felt as though the pensive sucked him in, and suddenly he was standing in a small living room with Snape next to him. The room was crowded with old books and there was a large fireplace in front of him. Harry did not recognize where he was. He and Snape turned around and saw three people: a woman with long red hair and bright green eyes sitting next to a man with messy black hair and round glasses, sitting on a couch. It was Harrys mother and another man, but what was his mother doing in Snape's memories? Across the room was an old armchair, and sure enough, Snape was sitting in it. He had long greasy black hair and wore a scowl on his younger face. And at that moment the realization hit Harry like a truck. He looked up at Snape who seemed very confused and as if he didn't recognize the memory.
"Thank you for coming, Severus!" Lily said.
"I still don't know why this is necessary," the other man said, he was slouched on the couch and had his arms crossed.
"Be quiet James, you agreed to this, and it's the only way!"

"Why am I here?" Snape finally said, avoiding eye contact with James.
"You see Severus, you are an old friend of mine, and I trust you. James and I have been trying for a child of our own, but it's not working. I was just wondering if we could borrow your seed?"
"No! I'm not going to be the father of James Potter's child!"
"Please Severus? For me?"

Snape sat there for a moment. He looked as if he was thinking about doing it.
"But Lily, he is a death eater!" James cried.
"I don't care! I trust him."
"I'll do it, not for James, but you Lily."
"Oh, thank you so much!"
They all stood up.
"Are you ready Sev?"
"Yes."

Lily and Snape linked arms, and James pulled out his wand. He waved it in a few circles and swished it around Snape and Lily's heads. Blue sparkles washed down their heads and met at their hands, that were linked, and disappeared.
"Thank you so much, Severus! I owe you one!"
Snape nodded as he was putting on his cloak and then walked over to the door to leave.
"Obliviate!" James yelled from the other side of the room. The charm hit Snape right on his head, and he was knocked out.
"James! What the Hell!" Lily cried.
"I was doing it for us, Lily! Now they will be our child, and not Snivellus's!"
"Oh for god's sake James! They were already going to be our child! Severus wasn't going to be involved!"

Lily ran over to Snape. He was lying in front of the door, with his hair falling over his face.
"Wingardium leviosa," Lily said, and Snape started hovering above the ground.
"Wait here, James."
"Wait, where are you going?"
"I'm taking him to dumbledore!" Lily walked towards the fireplace with Snape trailing behind her. She stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a handful of floo powder.
"Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts!" she yelled.
Images were swirling around Harry and Snape, and suddenly He was in Dumbledore's office at Hogwarts.

Lily came out of the fireplace, in Dumbledore's office, with Snape still hovering behind her.
"Oh, my Merlin! What happened?" Dumbledore asked as Lily placed Snape on the floor.
"Well you see, James and I were having trouble conceiving a child, so we asked Severus for help. Sev agreed, but I guess James didn't want Sev to remember that he has a child, so he obliviated him!"
"I see," Dumbledore said as he looked down on Snape. "I will be able to restore his memories, but not his most recent ones. He won't remember that he has a child, but I can extract those memories now so that he can view them later."

"Yes! Thank you, Dumbledore!" Lily left through the floo. Dumbledore grabbed a flask from one of his desk drawers. Dumbledore knelt next to Snape's head and pulled out his wand.
Images were swirling around Harry and Snape again. His head flew out of the pensive and he was back in Dumbledore's office.