School

I don't own Descendants!!!

Hera tipped her chair back on two legs and popped her gum. Fairy Godmother's remedial goodness 101 class was so boring she might have died and she wouldn't even know it.

"If someone hands you a crying baby, do you, A, curse it? B, lock it in a tower? C, give it a bottle? Or D, carve out its heart?" Fairy Godmother asked.

Evie raised her hand excitedly.

"Evie." Fairy Godmother called on the blue haired girl.

"What was the second one?" Evie smiled hopefully.

"Oh. Okay. anyone else?" Fairy Godmother's gaze landed on Mal "Mal?"

"Um," Mal hadn't been paying attention "A, curse it?" She tried.

Hera let her chair fall back on all four legs "The answer is C, give it a bottle." She rolled her eyes.

"Correct, again." Fairy Godmother smiled.

"You are on fire, girl." Carlos said, impressed.

"Just pick the one that doesn't sound like any fun." Hera suggested.

"That makes so much sense." Evie's eyes widened in awe.

A girl in a pale blue dress scurried past them with a little squeak. Her dark hair was cut short and unflattering.

"Hello, dear one." Fairy Godmother greeted.

"Hi. You need to sign off on early dismissal for the coronation." The girl said quickly, glancing back at the villain kids who shot her menacing smiles.

"Everyone here remembers my daughter, Jane?" Fairy Godmother introduced.

"Mom, no!" Jane hissed nervously.

The boys grinned and Mal elbowed Evie who was staring off into space.

"It's okay, Jane, this is everyone." Fairy Godmother gently pushed Jane forward.

"Hi." Jane murmured "That's okay, don't mind me, as you were." She ran out of the classroom with another squeak as she passed the kids.

Mal and Hera glanced at each other and grinned slyly.

Fairy Godmother cleared her throat "Let's continue. You find a vial of poison. Do you, A, put it in the King's wine? B, paint it on an apple? Or C, turn it over to the proper authorities?"

Evie raised her hand, giggling. Carlos and Jay's hands shot into the air and they gasped loudly.

"Oh. Get off!" Carlos grumbled as Jay forced his hand down.

"Jay." Fairy Godmother pointed.

"C. You turn it over to the proper authorities." He answered smugly.

"I was gonna say that!" Carlos groaned.

Jay shoved his shoulder "But I said it first!" He grabbed Carlos in a headlock "Come here! Come on, who said it first? Who said it first?"

"Stop!" Carlos complained as Jay dragged him on top of the table.

"Boys. Boys!" Fairy Godmother called.

The boys ignored her and Hera rolled her eyes and snapped her fingers under the desk. Jay and Carlos were flung back into their seats by green and gold sparks that vanished as soon as the boys were back in their chairs. To Fairy Godmother it must have looked as if they had simply climbed back into their seats of their own free will.

"I am going to encourage you to use that energy on the tourney field." She smiled.

Quickly Carlos said "Oh, no. That's okay. Whatever that is, we'll pass."

"Good luck with that." Hera muttered.

***

A loud whistle blew. The boys were on the tourney field at tryouts.

"Jay, Ben, offense!" The coach ordered "Chad, you're defense. Taylor, you're the shooter."

Carlos had been wandering around the field like a lost puppy, though no one would dare compare him to a dog in front of his mother, she might try to skin him.

"Hey. Hey! Hey, you. Lost boy!" The coach's yelling finally got Carlos's attention "Put your helmet on. Get out of the kill zone!"

"Kill zone? What?" Carlos mumbled as he tried to put his helmet on backwards.

Hera strolled onto the field to pull the boy out of the "Kill zone" and quite possibly save his life.

"You're wearing it wrong." She muttered in his ear and fixed his helmet "There, now you can see."

Quietly, she cast a protection spell on the son of Cruella that would stop him from getting any broken bones or serious injuries. Hera had wi-fi on the Isle so she'd seen a few tourney games when there was nothing else to watch, she knew Carlos would be dead without a little help.

The whistle blew again and Jay started ramming through the defense players like a bull on a rampage. He knocked over a blonde boy and roared loudly. The shooter started firing at him and Jay did a flying leap over the flying discs.

He flipped and rolled his way across the kill zone and quickly slid between another boys' legs, knocking him off balance, before Jay got back to his feet and got the ball again. He was about to hit it straight at Carlos.

"Jay, wait it's me, it's Carlos!" Carlos shrieked "Wait, stop, Jay. Stop!"

Hera smacked her hand to her forehead. Jay had a competitive streak a mile long and nothing would stop him from winning. It was something all villain kids had.

Carlos chucked his stick at Jay and missed. Jay hit the ball and it soared over Carlos's head. He made to charge Carlos.

"No, no, no, no. No!"

Carlos curled under his shield like a turtle and Jay stepped on it to launch himself towards the goalie. He knocked Ben over in his excitement to get to the ball and with a final grunt, smacked the ball into the net, inches from the goalie's head. But Jay wasn't done yet, he roared ferociously and the goalie scampered away in terror.

"Oh, yeah! Come on, let's go!" Jay cheered.

He started doing a strange victory dance and Hera rolled her eyes. She climbed down from the stands and flicked her wrist, making her magic smack the son of Jafar on the back of the head.

"What just happened? Who is this guy?" One of the players Jay had run over asked.

The coach blew his whistle loudly "You! Get over here!"

Jay's joyful face melted into a nervous one as he jogged over to the coach. Hera prepared to defend her friend. She knew the punishments Jay would receive if he didn't do well enough in his father's eyes and knew he was worried the same thing was about to happen.

"What do you call that? I call that raw talent." The coach laughed "Come find me later. I'll show you something you haven't seen before. It's called a rule book. Welcome to the team, son." He patted Jay's arm and turned to Carlos "You ever thought about band?"

Jay laughed and Hera flicked him with her magic again.

"I'll work with him, coach." Ben offered.

"All right." The coach agreed "Let's run that again."

He blew his whistle and Jay whooped. He turned around and came face to face with the blonde boy he'd knocked over earlier. The boy was glaring at him but Jay just walked past, bumping into his shoulder as he went.

Word count: 1168 words
Please don't forget to comment, vote, and add to your reading lists!!! Also stay home, safe, healthy, and wear a mask!!!
Love,
The Author