Chapter 3

My alarm rang and woke me up again. I looked over at my mom who was in deep sleep. I got up, took a shower and wore the most nice looking shirt that I owned. Of course I had to dress nice, I'm about to meet someone who I've always dreamt of meeting. I didn't tell Connor about it, I didn't want it to seem like a big deal.
    As soon as I walked through the gate, Matilda's pink dress caught my eye. She was shining like a diamond. It was impossible for me to see any other girl except her. I looked around and almost everyone was staring at her. She was lost talking to someone, and hadn't noticed me yet. I felt as if she knew that everyone was staring but was uncomfortable with all the looks. I immediately looked down and walked into the building.
    Not much happened the rest of the day. She seemed really busy all day. I didn't want to disturb her so I didn't talk to her. Well that's my excuse, deep down I know I just wanted to avoid her. After school I went to the hospital with mom and that was basically it.

Matilda's POV:

    I saw him get out of a car. His black hair was neatly brushed and he wore a dark blue, small circular glasses. He wore a blue shirt and had a grey backpack hanging from one shoulder. I turned around before he could see me. I don't know why I did that, but I was waiting for him to approach me. I'm not sure if he saw me later, but he left without saying a word.
    More hours passed and still he didn't talk to me. I saw him sitting at a corner table during lunch, but he was buried in his book. Didn't seem to care about anything else happening around him. I thought of going up to him, but the girls with me wouldn't even let me stand up. All they talk about is cheerleading, boys and all the money that they spent on useless objects. I mean, all that is interesting, but do I have to know how Leila feels about Brandon's football skills? It's fun to gossip once in a while but these girls won't stop even once, and they have to include me whether I like it or not. I can't say anything to them though, because my dad has allied himself with their parents. It's all about this money and power. It's not me, I don't want this. I don't want any of this.

Oscar's POV:

    I slept very well last night. I haven't felt this good in ages. I have no idea why, but I felt amazing today. I asked Connor to leave me today because I felt like walking to school. I had all happy tunes playing in my head and I felt an uncanny amount of confidence and happiness. If you know where this is leading up to, then you know.
    I didn't see Matilda in the morning, I only saw her at lunch time. She wore a light shade of yellow and had her hair tied up with a bright yellow ribbon. I felt as if she watched me when I talked to Connor, but I didn't catch her staring. Connor however, catched me staring at her and asked me about what was going on, and I told him all about it from the beginning.
"Holy hell! How did you not tell me all this!?" Connor yelled. "You were busy! Besides, I'm not going to go up to her and talk" I replied. "Oh come on, you have to. Before going home, ask her out on atleast one date" Connor said happily while tightly squeezing my hand. "I'll wait". I had a jolly feeling the entire day, so I decided why not. Worse comes to worse, I'll lose my reputation in school and infront of Matilda. Not that I care anyway. So after school, I went up to her. I checked around to see if anyone was with her, and the second she went to grab her bag, I talked to her.

"Hey, I'm-"

"Hey! For a moment I thought you weren't going to come talk to me!" Matilda said with a calmingly soft voice.

"Well how couldn't have I? I couldn't possibly turn you down" I replied trying to sound confident.

"That's great! I'm so sorry about what happened the other day by the way. It was so rude of me to not have apologised properly" Matilda replied. "Is there any way I can make up for it?"