Chapter 6

My mood was just entirely uplifted after the deal. It's better than anything I've ever done. I felt I was on cloud 9. I danced in my office as Connor watched me in shock and disbelief. Eliza and I planned on what we were going to begin with. I'm going to be her partner as she doesn't have enough information as me. We spent 5 hours discussing and planning. I should be tired but I felt more refreshed than ever. I walked to the nearby bakery on my own after several years to buy a croissant. But then Connor followed me, but I was too excited to care. I couldn't save her but I'll get justice for her. 

   I woke up the next day early, brushed my teeth, dressed myself and went outside to Musayeva. She was in my living room, waiting for me. I greeted her and went to take my car keys when she demanded that we'll take her car. I was surprised as no one talked to me in that tone in years. She could see my reaction from my face and she said to me, "Don't expect me to be nice to you as others. You are my partner, not vice versa". I agreed with her and followed her lead, although in my head I thought "bossy much?".

   We got in her black C-HR, which she again determined that she was going to drive. So I sat on the passenger seat. We both were dressed casual, no suits or shirts as that might attract attention. And I've become a bit famous  in the past couple of years so we didn't want anyone to recognize me. We didn't talk at all during the car ride. She didn't small talk so neither did I. I'm not a fan of talking too much unless it's a business deal. The sun had just started to rise, so we were able to get a clear sight of the sunrise. After 30 to 40 minutes later, we arrived at my old school. I got out of the car and felt as if I walked into a memory lane. Everything looked the same, just different people and slight differences. I walked through the gate where I first saw Matilda at, which was now rusty. The more I walked, each step I took, made me zone out from the current timing and go back to 5 or 6 years ago. Everything felt black and white to say the least. I was seeing myself in third person, like a dream. I was with Connor looking at Matilda, who was the star of the day. I looked around at everything and then I looked at Musayeva, who was in front of me, talking to some old guy wearing a tie. It brought me back to the current time and got rid of my daydream. "Hi, I'm here with my husband to get his old documents. He used to study here and he needs it for a job application" Musayeva told the old guy, who I'm assuming is the principal. 

"Yes sure. What's your name? You look familiar" He said to me.

"At-Oscar. Oscar Brown" I answered.

He gave us instructions about what to do. Since the VP was on leave, some lazy man was assigned to us. He was doing everything very carelessly. Dropped the paper stack, got the wrong files etcetera. But it was beneficial for us. Musayeva used her sharp mind and grabbed Matilda's files when he was struggling with the papers on the floor. She gave me a look, which hinted that I was supposed to distract him. Obviously talking about alcohol and dropping more papers from his hand helped. We got my useless files and Matilda's files too. Irresponsibility at it's best.

   The car ride back was completely opposite from the first ride. We got in the car and burst into laughter. Her laughter was contagious. We laughed and mocked that guy a couple more times. "I thought you were a professional who doesn't make fun of others" I said at her. She laughed it off although I genuinely wanted an answer. I didn't bring it up again though. We went to her office and read the files. When I say we I mean her. She read Matilda's files and typed words in her computer. We looked for an address that was not known to the general public, and contact information. I read through the files and noticed something unusual. Her address was written as Seattle, but she didn't live in Seattle. I showed it to Musayeva, who conceded and answered "Her contact number is wrong too. It doesn't exist". We looked at each other with confusion. Is this related to what happened to Matilda?