2

It was tight; Echo was sitting on Fives, Hardcase had Jessie who had Tup sitting on him. But it was the only place that the commanding officers would not look for them.

"Who's been growled at by Rex?" Jesse asked.

"I think we all have been," Tup whispered.

"Ok, name what you were doing," Echo stated, "I was standing too close to him."

"Drank caffeine," Hardcase stated, he got glared at as everyone tried to back away from him.

"Ice-water wake-up," Fives stated, "I found myself pinned with his growling and sneering in my face."

"I used the wrong colour of paint on my armour; the blue wasn't blue enough," Jessie stated.

"I walked through a door," Tup stated, before holding up two fingers, "got to the food quicker than him," held up a third finger, "standing too close to the Commander."

"How close was too close?" Fives asked.

"The length of two gunships."

"Please can the long-necks find what caused this!" Echo begged, "if it could happen to him, it could happen to us! And he has more self-restraint."

"I dare not think what could happen if any of us start doing that," Jessie

"Shall we agree that if it happens to any of us, we're being locked in a cupboard unless we are needed directly for a mission?" Echo asked.

"Agreed."

-----

"Anakin," Obi-Wan started, "I think we know why your Captain has such behaviour."

"Why?"

"The Kaminoans have a final test of sorts before they pass to make clones," Obi-Wan explained. "The student is given control over the coding of one clone and are asked to make a change to them. If they live and make it through training, then the student passes, if they don't, then they fail."

"So Rex was someone's exam?"

"Yes, Commander Wolfie was one as well," Obi-Wan explained, "he was crossed with DNA from an Alpha Wolf. This was to see whether he would be more attuned with his surroundings and to see whether it could bring him a rank of power easier within the group."

"What did Rex have?" Anakin sighed.

"Rex had a list full of changes done to him, the student was trying to show off and get a higher position," Obi-Wan sighed, "first, he fiddled with pigmentation, giving the Captain his hair colour, next, a shriek-hawk for better eyesight - affecting the colour as well."

"Why do I feel that you're holding something back?" Anakin asked, his face blanking at what it could be.

"Rex was also crossed with another species to make him more prone to 'hunt' his 'prey', to be quick and efficient at the hunt in taking down larger 'prey'," Obi-Wan explained.

"Cut to the chase, Obi-Wan," Anakin growled on edge with the way his Master was acting.

"Your Captain has Togruta DNA," Obi-Wan stated bluntly.

"What?!"

"I am right next to you, Anakin, no need to shout," Obi-Wan stated, trying to move away from the shout slightly.

"If everything ok, sirs?" A clone asked, popping his head through the door.

"Everythings fine here," Obi-Wan nodded as he watched the clone disappear again.