3

As the holocall ended, leaving Anakin and Ahsoka on their own, the former turned to face the latter. "Where is Rex? He's not missed a meeting before," Anakin asked.

"I think he might still be sleeping," Ahsoka shrugged.

"He doesn't usually sleep longer than a few hours," Anakin stated, "what's different now?"

"The fact he cried himself to sleep," Ahsoka offered with a mumble.

"He cried himself to sleep?!" Anakin exclaimed, happy that there was no one else but the two of them present.

"Do you know how old the clones are?" Ahsoka suddenly questioned.

"I always presumed they'd at least be older teens when they go out to war," Anakin shrugged.

"Rex was nine when he went out to war," Ahsoka said, "now they are six and younger when they go to war."

"They're sending children to war?" Anakin asked, "children in the bodies of men; sent to a war that they didn't start."

"He hadn't had the time for it to sink in," Ahsoka stated, shuffling her feet, "so it hit him hard."

"Is that why I got told you half threatened a chef for some milk last night?"

"I only smiled," Ahsoka defended, "it just worked in my favour that he finds fangs scary."

"Well, did it work?" Anakin sighed.

"Did what work?"

"Did it calm him down?" Anakin asked.

Ahsoka thought back before answering, "he stopped crying, and eventually fell asleep. But he looked out of it mostly."

"Doesn't surprise me that he stayed out of it, every clone counts each other as a brother," Anakin stated, "it's like learning a baby brother was given a gun and told to kill or be killed. As well as being told that he wasn't who he thought he was his whole life."

Ahsoka didn't say anything as she turned on her heels, and walked away, lost deep within her thoughts. She only came out of her thoughts when she reached her new room, pausing only for a moment before entering.

Rex stared up from his hands, looking over at Ahsoka before looking away. "You probably think me weak now," he mumbled, unable to even glance her way anymore.

"No, I don't. I always live by a quote," Ahsoka said as she sat on the bed, forcing Rex to look at her, "people cry not because they are weak, its because they've been too strong for too long."

Rex huffed, diverting his eyes. "I've heard that before, yet others look down on those who still cry."

"Ok, my people have a tradition," Ahsoka said, "one day a year, everyone meets up, the strongest fighters, the leaders, to the youngest children, in the central area and just cry together."

Rex looked at Ahsoka, confused as to why she was bringing it up.

"It's an old belief, dating back centuries," Ahsoka furthered, "they have a saying to go with it; that being strong, only showing a happy face, being positive, is like holding your breath underwater. You can't do it forever. But when you cry, it's reaching to the surface, taking in air to stop you from drowning; allowing you to be strong once again."

"And doing it together?" Rex asked.

"It's to show unity within everyone, that right down to basics, everyone is equal to each other," Ahsoka stated before giggling slightly, "the only time you'd been called weak was if you did not attend. Even those in medical attend, only the unconscious have an excuse. If there is an elder that can not move far, then they come to them or help them move."