Lockdown

Lucy's POV

I was slowly waking up from my slumber when I noticed the warm embrace of my husband was missing. I then heard shuffling so I keep my eyes closed for a moment to try and understand what was happening. When I opened them I saw Natsu getting ready for work. He normally leaves when the twins start to cry around 6:30-ish. "Natsu?" He looked up at me in surprise as I sat up and rubbed my eyes lazily.

"Shh, Shh, Shh. Go back to sleep." He walked up to me and put his hands on my shoulders.

"What time is it?"

"4:00" He spoke slowly as if he was ashamed.

"Do you want to tell me where you're going at four in the morning." I kept my voice soft and wondering. Natsu sighed and sat in front of me,

"I got a message from Finch last night saying we that we've had an increase of visitors and many of the townspeople are uncomfortable with it, so they're stationing me at the front gate more." I searched his eyes, then smiled.

"Alright. Just, please don't over work yourself." He smiled back at me and gently touched my head, pulling my to his lips. They lightly touched my forehead and just as he was about to kiss my lips we heard Nashi begin to cry. We both turned our head and then looked back at each other,

"I better get going." Natsu whispered as we walked out of the bed room.

"Ok. I love you, Natsu. Please be safe and no destorying the town." He chuckled at my words and followed me to Nashi's room. I went in to check on the fussy little girl, while Natsu watched at the door frame. Nashi likes to fuss a lot for attention, so I normally just go in a give her a kiss on the head and leave. When I did, I turned to Natsu who was leaned up against the door frame with his arms crossed and a soft smile on his face,

"Aren't you going?" I whispered as I hugged his chest.

"Ugh... I'm going to miss you and the twins, though." He hugged me back. I giggle a bit,

"You get going and I'll check on Luke." He nodded and pulled my chin to his. He lightly kissed me and listened his grip on me. We smiled and headed to do our daily jobs. I walked into Luke's room to find complete silence. I found that weird since Luke is like Natsu, they both mumble and make small noises when they sleep. I slowly approached his crib. I heard the front door open and close. There was no Luke. I stood there for a moment before the realization sunk in. I began to scream.

Natsu's POV

I didn't want to be up this early, but I am. I had just shut the front door and started walking down the from steps when I heard Lucy scream. I bloted back inside to hear Lucy's screaming and crying mixed with Nashi's. I went to grab Nashi first, where I saw her sitting up with a look confusion on her face,

"Oh, my sweet angel. It's alright, it's alright." I held her in my arms then walked over the Lucy who was in Luke's room holding onto the bar of his crib. She was shaking and screaming. Nashi being too much like me, covered her ears and cried along with her mother. I came up behind Lucy and saw Luke was missing from his crib. At first I was shocked, but then I knew I had to stay calm for Lucy.

"Luce?" She flinched and her crying came to a whimper as she felt my touch.

"Where is my baby boy?" Her voice shook as she spoke. I knelt down to her level and handed her Nashi. My heart was throbbing as I sniffed the air for anywhere that Luke could be. His scent was already so strong in his room. I went throughout the house but got nothing. I went back into his room and went near his window. My heart shattered into a million pieces when his scent was very strong there. I turned to look at Lucy who was watching me silently. My eyes softened as I watched her try to hold back her tears. I sat in front of her and nashi on the floor. Nashi looked scared and shaken. I clenched my fists so hard I felt blood slowly pour on my fingertips.