Chapter Two

I began walking after a long distance away from my little spot I called a home. I felt tired as I felt the full bruise on both my neck and back. I laid a finger on the one on my neck and hissed loudly, taking my whole hand back to my side. I've only felt less hopeless sweeps ago but I saw a small town ahead and felt my eyes ironically come to life and began running again for the thought of shelter drove me. A couple of what looked like small salamanders went running back into their homes and I realized I could have appeared threatening to them and steadied my pace slowly for both their sake and the fact that I didn't know how much longer I could go running. I walk into the small village and saw a family of 3 salamanders in their home, shaking in fear. My eyes softened and I carefully knocked on the tiny door of their home.

"Hello...? I mean you no harm, I assure you. I only look for food and safety." I said in a soft tone to coax them in helping me without startling them even more than I had. What looked like the biggest one let go of the others huddling in the corner of a room, its big, milky eyes watching me carefully as it stepped out of its home to meet me.

"If you speak the truth, we will help you," a slightly high pitched voice breaking the silence and I let a small smile of gratitude.

"I do and will not harm any one of your family or people." The yellow lizard nodded hesitantly and went back into his home for a moment. As quickly as he went away, he came back with what seemed like his family, another yellow civilian holding mushrooms and a jar of a black liquid. It held out the materials as I took them and held them close in fear of dropping my new goods.

"Grind the glow stool into the black water and put it on the green spots." The salamander spoke softly as I nodded in thanks.

"I shall leave you to your homes and I apologize for my intrusion." I bowed slightly at the family and left their minuscule home to continue on my first focus. Once I deemed myself far enough from the town, I used my palm and a rock to grind down the luminescent fungus and added most of the product into the jar of oil, using my finger to mix them together. A good amount of the mixture was left on my digits and I proceeded to add it to my wounds. My body felt strange but repaired itself quickly and my strength regained. Pocketing the rest into my robes, I began on my journey once again, a more hopeful insight gained.