ten

Camila's POV

When I planned the date, I didn't think it would end up with us kissing on the Empire State building while watching the sunset, but I figured he could help me scratch that one thing from my bucket list. And boy I enjoyed the kiss. His lips where warm from the coffee and that sent shiver over my spine because of the contrast with the cold weather around us.

When the taxi stopped outside my apartment we both got off and walked to the entrance. We stared at each other until the awkwardness of the moment made us laugh. If this had been any other guy, I would have invited him over and had his clothes on the floor in a matter of seconds, but this was Shawn and today had been special. I was taking this slow because I felt we could have something unique here.

"Thank you for showing me the city today", he whispered taking some strains of my hair between his fingers and twisting them.

"Thank you for helping scratch that kiss from my list".

"I'd love to see that list and help you with the rest", he smirked.

"You'll have to earn that", I told him and he chuckled.

"I should go", he said softly. I almost told him to come inside because my whole body was craving him, but I told myself I could wait. Anticipation is key and this felt good right now.

"Bye", I whispered between my lips.

He put his hand on my neck, his thumb brushing my jaw and bent over to kiss my lips. It was short but nice. He looked me in the eyes before pulling away.

"Bye", he whispered and turned around.

"Wait", I said when he had taken two steps away from me. He stopped and looked back while I walked to him and zipped up his jacket. "It's getting cold".

"Thank you", he smiled almost blushing.

...

This morning I felt better about the classes, it was like I had finally taken control of this teaching thing. People paid attention, asked questions and nodded at my words. It was a nice feeling knowing that I was doing something right.

"According to Mr. Mendes' calendar, you have two weeks to work on this paper and send it to my email. I have already sent you the guidelines and rubric with which you will be evaluated. This was all done and planned by him, but I'll be the one assessing them since he's isn't available at the moment. Is that clear? Do you have any questions?", I asked out loud and saw many kids shook their heads. "Alright then that's it for to-"

"I have a question", a guy on the fourth row with a blue cap said.

"Ok... Greg, what's your question?"

"How do we know you're capable enough of grading our assignments? Aren't you like just 5 years older than us?"

"My age isn't important here. And yes, your original teacher and the college board think I'm capable enough. Any other questions?"

"Why you?", he asked again.

This guy was getting on my nerves. Why the sudden urge to analyze me and my work?

"Because I was the Teaching Assistant and also soon to be Master graduate on this field. Any questions regarding the assignment, Greg?"

"No", he said flatly and looked away.

"Ok, class is over then. See you next time. Have a nice day", I told everyone and they picked up their stuff and left.