sixteen

Camila's POV

"Hi", I said when I opened the door for Shawn. He had called before and told me he was coming over to talk.

"I'm sorry".

His eyes looked soft and his voice was like syrup. I couldn't be mad at him. I never was actually. I knew he was going to understand why I hadn't told him anything sooner or later.

"I know".

I caressed his cheek and then moved out of the way to let him in.

"What happened?", I asked him, sitting beside him on the couch with my legs curls underneath me.

"They're dating", he breathed out still in disbelief.

"Yeah", I chuckled because I already knew that.

"No, but like... they're officially dating now. Apparently their romance was very new when my dad found out about the cancer, so he broke things off with her because he thought it was for the best, but Gina didn't go anywhere and they kept talking".

"That's so sweet".

"Yeah. So, today my dad called her to break thing off again after we heard what the doctor said, but she refused... again".

"How do you feel?", I asked him running my finger through his hair because I knew that helped him relax.

"I'm ok. I didn't like that he didn't tell me about it at first but now I get it".

"He was afraid".

"Yeah..."

"How do you feel? About what the doctor said"

"I don't know... I- I don't wanna talk about it".

"Fine, don't worry. But I'm here if you wanna talk, ok?"

"Ok", he said and leaned in to kiss me because we hadn't so far and I was already going crazy about it.

"Is Gina with your dad now?"

"Yes, why?"

"My friend Mandy just moved in with her boyfriend and they invited us for dinner today. Would you like to go? It'd be just for a couple hours".

"You hadn't said anything", he said confused.

"She just called actually. She's... a lot, but you'll like her".

"Uhm... Ok, let's go".

I hadn't been at Sebastian apartment before and I was impressed. As a lawyer, he could afford living in Manhattan with an incredible view of Central Park and now my best friend was enjoying it as well.

"So nice to meet you", Mandy said to my boyfriend, eyeing him from head to toe. He chuckled nervously next to me. "I've heard a lot about you".

"Good things, I hope", he replied.

"You wish", she said and turned around to pour us some drinks.

Shawn looked at me with curious eyes and I just shrugged, but then it hit him.

"She knows", he whispered later and I nodded. He didn't seem to care much about it and just laughed it off.

"Hi, man. Hi, Camila", Seb greeted us when he came out of their bedroom after changing clothes.

"This is Shawn", I said introducing my boyfriend.

"Thank you for inviting us", he said.

"Thank you for coming", Seb replied. "I'm glad I'm not alone with these two anymore. One is enough".