Chapter Three: First Rose Ceremony (Week One)

The night of the rose ceremony, everyone got a little more dressed up than usual. Before the rose ceremony, there was going to be a cocktail party that gave the guys an opportunity to talk to the girls once last time before deciding who to give their roses too, and gave the girls a chance to get a rose locked down. Of course, relationships were already starting to form which made it pretty easy to know where some of the roses were going. Everyone knew that Ralph's rose was going to Olivia, Alex's was going to Emma, and Brooke's rose was going to Andy. Other girls, like Ally and Molly, pretty much had their bags packed, they knew that they were going home due to the fact that they hadn't made any connection. But then there were girls like Bella who was unsure about where she stood in Paradise. Of course, Bella felt like she had a connection with Corey, but they had been moving slower than the other couples in Paradise. They hadn't kissed yet, and that sent Bella into a panic about whether or not her and Corey were moving too slow.

Little did she know, Corey had something special planned for them to have their first kiss tonight. Once he had finished setting everything up, he walked over to where Bella and Aspen were sitting under one of the cabanas and asked, "Hey there Bella, you mind if I steal you for a minute?"

"I don't mind at all," Bella answered as she stood up.

Corey gently took her hand and led her to his little said up. Near the end of the beach, there was a tiny rock cliff for people to sit on. Corey had set up a couple of blankets and candles for him and Bella. When Bella saw this, she gasped a little in pleasant surprise and asked, "Corey, did you set all this up?"

"I did," Corey answered with a smile, "Just for you."

Once the two of them sat down on the blankets, Bella said to him, "This is beautiful. Thank you, Corey."

"Of course," Corey told her as he wrapped his arm around her shoulders, "I was actually hoping to talk to you about something."

"Okay, what's going on?" Bella asked.

Corey told her, "So I really like you. I feel like you and I really hit it off. I was hoping to give you my rose tonight, and I just wanted to see where your head was at."

Bella took a deep breath before smiling and telling him, "I really like you too, Corey, and I'm sorry if I haven't been the best at expressing that. It really takes me a while to break out of my shell, especially when it comes to guys, so I've kind of been taking things so with you, but I just want you to know that I really like you."

"Hey, we don't have to rush anything," Corey reassured her, "We can go at any speed you like."

"Thank you. That's very sweet of you," Bella responded, sounding very relieved.

"Of course," Corey said.

When Corey said that, a sudden wave of confidence washed over Bella. In all her relationships, Bella had never made the first move. However, something about Corey made her feel more comfortable and confident. She slowly leaned in and kissed him. Corey gently cupped her face in order to kiss her back. It was gentle and sweet and absolutely perfect.

Meanwhile, Kayla and Kiefer were sitting at the bar when Kiefer told her, "You look really nice tonight."

"Thank you," Kayla responded, "You do too."

Ever since the first day, Kiefer and Kayla had an instant connection. The two of them just instantly clicked, and had been spending the majority of their time in Paradise with each other. In a strange way, it felt like they had known each other for much longer than they had. Kiefer carefully grabbed Kayla's hand and held it in his.

"How are you feeling about tonight?" He asked her.

"It's weird, I actually feel kind of nervous," she answered, "I don't know why I am. This isn't my first rose ceremony, but in a weird way it kind of feels like it."