Chapter Six: Second Rose Ceremony (Week Two)

The next day was the rose ceremony, and if last week there was a sense of anxiety on the beach, this week there was a full on panic. At least four of the boys didn't know whether or not they were getting roses, and two of the girls didn't even know where their roses were going. One of those girls was Olivia, who had a whirlwind twenty four hours. Just the morning before, she was so certain that her rose was going to Ralph. Now, she had no idea what she was going to do. She really did have feelings towards Ralph, but what he did last night really left a sour taste in her mouth. Sure, she could blame his outburst on one too many beers, but that didn't sit right with her. Did she really want someone who had such bad self control that he got drunk and started picking fights. Maybe it was just a one time thing, but she wasn't sure if that was enough for her to give him a rose.

Olivia decided to take a walk on the beach that day to clear her head when Kayla came over to join her. Kayla asked, "Hey, how are you doing?"

"Ehh, I've been better to be honest," Olivia answered honestly.

"Understandable," Kayla said, "I'm sorry about what happened last night."

Kayla was still on her date when the blowup between Corey F. and Ralph happened, but was filled in on what happened when she got back. It made her feel horrible for her friend that she had all of this unloaded on her the night before the rose ceremony, and wanted to offer any kind of support she could.

Olivia responded, "Thanks. I really appreciate it."

"Do you have any idea what you're going to do tonight?" Kayla asked.

"Not a clue," Olivia admitted, "What do you think about each of them?"

Kayla sighed for a minute before saying, "Honestly, I think Ralph is a complete idiot for what he did, but I don't necessarily blame him. Think about it from his perspective: Corey, the guy who drives him crazy, comes down to paradise, and doesn't even bother to talk to any other girls. He only pulls you aside and then takes you on the date, and doesn't even give you the chance to say hi to Ralph when you get back before he's pulling you away again. Trust me, I'm not saying that Corey is just using you to get back at Ralph, but I can understand why he would think that."

"So do you think I should give Ralph another chance?" Olivia asked.

Kayla answered, "I think you should talk to him and see what he has to say for himself before you make your decision."

Olivia nodded at that before hugging Kayla and saying, "Thank you so much."

"Of course," Kayla said, "I'm just happy I could help."

That night before the rose ceremony, Olivia was sitting talking to Kiefer and Kayla when Ralph came up to her and asked, "Hey Liv, can we go talk?"

"Yeah sure," Olivia answered.

They walked over to one of the daybeds where there was a Polaroid camera and a small collection of props sitting there. Olivia then turned to Ralph and asked, "What's all this?"

"It's a little makeshift photo booth," Ralph explained as he sat down, "I wanted to do something special for you."

Olivia sat down next to him and Ralph said, "Liv, I owe you a major apology. I'm really sorry for how I acted. There's no excuse for what I did. I was acting jealous and insecure, and I shouldn't have. I'm not asking for your rose, and I'm not asking you to forgive me. I just want you to know how sorry I am."

When he said that, Olivia couldn't help but smile a little. She could hear the sincerity in his voice, and that let her know that he was honest with his words. She gently kissed him on the cheek and said, "Thank you, Ralph. I forgive you."