03

Wednesday

My eyes peeled open and the bright light shone through my window blinding me.

I groaned rolling on my side instantly regretting it as I felt a wave of pain washing over me.

Tears instantly rushed to my eyes and ran down my cheeks as the pain from not only my side but my wrist overcame me.

A bang on my door gained my attention. The door opened and my mother walked in, swiftly unlocking the metal cuffs from my wrist giving me instant relief as I rubbed my wrist gently.

A smack drew itself across my cheek seconds later just before she turned and walked back out of my room.

I massaged the burning skin on my cheek as I thought of what to wear.

I walked out the the bathroom carefully, my bag slung over my shoulder. I just finished getting ready for school. I wore a baby blue hoodie and black jeans with the same black vans as yesterday.

I peered around the house walking slowly and quietly. A voice from behind me made me freeze.

"What are you thinkin if doin boy?" His low voice grumbled in my ear.

"J-just, uh h-headed to s-school" I stumbled as my hands clenched.

A slap was made across my cheek sending me to the floor. With out hesitation I crawled away and ran to the front door.

Please be open please be open

I turned the knob as the door opened and I sprinted away as best as possible from my the astounding pain in my side.

"I BETTER NOT BE SEEING YOU TONIGHT!" My father yelled from behind me.

☽☽☽

I stepped outside my house with a sigh as I went to my car. I love going to school early and getting the chance to relax a bit before school.

A loud bang from the house across from mine grabbed my attention.

"I BETTER NOT BE SEEING YOU TONIGHT!" A large guy yelled to a boy in a baby blue hoodie as he stumbled down the sidewalk.

"Poor kid" I sighed seeing them stop running and beginning to walk with a hand on their side.

With sad eyes I walked to my car hearing the nice click as it unlocks before I drive off to school.

Pulling into the building I sighed, "I hate school" I mumbled running a hand though my hair.

I'm just gonna head to class maybe

With a nod to my self asked question I grabbed my bag and jumped out of my car and entered the tall building.

I smiled to a few people I knew on my way to my first class seeing I have 10 minutes before class started.

I entered the usual kid filled room seeing only one person.

Daniel

His head was placed in his arms as his chest rose and fell steadily. He was wearing a blue hoodie that looked oddly familiar.

I lifted a book form the desk and dropped it hearing it make a loud boom.

Daniel sqeaked sitting up as his breathing picked up. His face was red and blotchy as tears tracked down them, a large purple bruise developed on his left cheek, another bruise was on his right cheek and jaw along with a light purple one on his hair line a cut in the middle of it.

I gasped at the sight and a pit grew in my stomach.

"Daniel- oh my gosh- what happened?!" I questioned quickly sitting in my seat facing him. I put my hand on his shoulder but he instantly jerked away.

"I-I- fell...o-on my way here"

"Daniel.."

"I-I'm fine corbyn..please just stop" his voice was soft and frail.

"Stop? Stop what?"

"Stop acting like you care"

Ouch

"I swear-" I was cut off by the bell as the crowed of students in the hall filed into their classes.

The conversation was cut off and Daniels hood rose to cover his face. But I couldn't help to notice the large red marks around his wrist.

BEHIND THE SCENES
I've honestly changed the book a lot and I'm really sorry If you guys liked the original book better but I just didn't like how it was set up.

Much love

710

☽☽☽

ʎoq uǝʞoɹq