Chapter 10: Yamamoto's Feelings

Your POV

It's been some time since we've all started training in the future. Now we're holding a meeting and Giannini's putting Varia's signal on the monitor.

"VVRRRAAAGGGGGGHHHHHH!!! Are your heads still attached?" said a familliarly annoying voice.

"Shut up, you old hag!" I snapped back.

"W-woah... (y/n)-chan, you're scary, you know that? Calm down." Yamamoto said as he blew my neck while saying the last part.

"W-what the?! Yamamoto-kun, who taught you to do that?!"

"The kid said I should try doing that when you get angry." he said as Reborn smirked at me. I gave him a death-glare and listened to the old hag.

After the meeting, Ryohei showed up with Chrome. Now, all the guardians have all gathered. They said that we're going to attack the Millefiore's Base in Japan in 5 days.

'5 days, huh?' I thought while walking.

"(y/n)-chan, I think it's better for you to remain at the base with Kyoko-chan and the others." said Yamamoto-kun suddenly while hiding his face.

"What are you saying? If it's to protect the family, I'll do any-"

"You can't! I don't want (y/n)-chan to get hurt. if anything happened to you-"

"Yamamoto-kun, are you alright?"

".......IF ANYTHING WERE TO HAPPEN TO YOU, I'LL NEVER BE ABLE TO FORGIVE MYSELF FOR NOT STOPPING YOU!" he said, still hiding his face.

"I-I love you, (y/n)-chan. That's why....I don't want to getting hurt." he said with a sad face and a struggling smile.

"Eh? Y-yamamoto-kun?"

Then, he hugged me and pleaded for me not to leave with him. I was just speechless. I.... I don't know what I should do anymore.... But then, I just nodded a yes to reply him. He just smiled and hugged me even tighter. After a while, we let go each other and went to our room.

That night was awkward. It was full of silence. We each didn't have the confidence to break the silence so we stayed quiet until we went to bed.

~5 days later~

The day finally arrived for Yamamoto-kun and the others to attack the Millefiore Base. Just before they left, I talked with Yamamoto-kun.

"Yamamoto-kun, be careful. Make sure you come back alive, you idiot! Hehe~" I smiled at the last part.

"(y/n)-chan..... Haha! Of course I will. Be a good girl 'til I come back, 'kay?"

"Hey! I'm not some little girl, ya know?" I pouted.

"Haha! See ya later then!" he said as he ran off.

"Ah! Wait~" but it was too late. He already disappeared.

'I didn't get the chance to say my feelings for him....... Why can't I just say it? Why does he seem to be so far away? Eventhough we're so close....... just what is he to me? A friend? A crush? He seems to be reaching for my hand, but why can't I grab his hand? I'm a coward............'

"Worried?" said Reborn with a smirk. I stayed silent.

"You know you can follow them while hiding your presence using your Mist Flames, right?"

I kept silent and followed his advice to follow them while staying hidden. After all, I'm really worried about them. So many battles happened at the Millefiore Base. I decided to keep following Yamamoto-kun until he was fighting a man named Genkishi.