Chapter 11

Chapter 11
·· ─────── ·𖥸· ─────── · ·

"Can I have this dance, mi amor?"

The corners of my lips curl upwards as I see Ace, offering me to be his partner for the dance. "Got no one to dance with, huh?" I jive, accepting his offer.

He touches his chest where his heart lies, his mouth forming an 'o'. "You didn't have to rub salt on my wound, mi amor."

He leads me back inside to another spacious hall. This hotel is so big I can get lost in no time. I'm not that good in terms of directions, much less roaming around such huge building. Having a memory of a goldfish, I sure have it hard.

I spot the newly engaged lovebirds as they slow dance at the center, other couples surrounding them. I can feel the everlasting love emanating from each couple, specifically from Wyatt and his soon to be wife. As they dance to every beat, the sparks in their eyes never leave. I only realized now how good they look together. It's like they're meant to be.

I wonder who's the person meant for me.

"Why do all these guests have to be oldies? There's no one to flirt with," he talks to himself as we situate ourselves in.

As I stand in front of him, he pulls my hand close to his face and says, "Good thing you're here, aye?" before giving it a peck.

I raise my eyebrow as I shot him a look as a joke. I place my left hand on his shoulder while my other hand continues to hold his. At the same time, his free hand makes his way to my waist as we start to dance with the music.

I follow his lead as we sway our bodies in rhythm. Dancing with Ace is the least expected thing I enjoy to do. It just never crossed my mind, especially Ace doesn't look like the person you'll slow dance with. He's full of jokes and humor; one rarely sees him serious in anything he does. But for once, his flirty smirk is gone, with only a sincere smile plastered on his lips. A very contagious one at that. He'll throw teases and mock my dancing with jest once in a while. Though, that's the end of it.

When I say Ace is the most wholesome person I've ever met, I meant this. I never knew I needed something so genuine like this in my life. Fun and relaxing-the two words that describe this experience of mine.

But the moment I catch sight of the one I love dancing with someone like there's no tomorrow, these feelings seem to stop flowing in me. I hold my gaze to Lev and Amy, swaying around in circles as they laugh about something. I hate to admit, they look like lovers than friends in my perspective, even if that's far from happening.

They don't talk frequently like we do.

They don't even hang out often as we do.

Then why does Lev look happier with Amy than he is with me? Than he is with any other girls he's been with?

Lev being single is impossible. There's countless of girls chasing after him and numerous ladies he's after. I didn't think this way back then as most of his relationships are short-lived. Most of which ended because having me as his closest friend hinders their bond. But this time, it's different. It's Amy he's with.

I just want to throw my eyes out and believe that what I saw and how I perceived it is just a product of my overthinking mind.

Jealousy is a disease you don't want to catch, Val. Stop assuming something you're not even sure of.

I tear my attention off of them and back to Ace, who is now wearing a worried look.

"You've been staring for quite some time. Are you okay?" he asks, fixing his eyes on mine as he waits for answers.