ORIENTATION WEEK- The reporting day

Hi,friends/readers

The second chapter is out. Enjoy reading.

There was a lot of commotion in the classroom. After a lengthy pause, Kavin asked Ilakiya, "How long do we have to wait here?" An overexcited girl from behind shouted," Next we will have an orientation speech from our faculty teachers and the Principal. Hi, I'm Ramya." As she spoke, she extended her hand to both of them. Kavin accepted her handshake with a reply, "Hello Ramya, I'm Kavin" and Ilakiya joined them," Hello, I'm Ilakiya pleased to meet you."

A lecturer enters the classroom with an announcement. "Attention students! I expect all of you to come to the campus auditorium." All students stood up and walked out of the classroom. They entered a spacious and well-furnished auditorium. Students filled up all the empty seats soon. The noise of tuning the stage mic made everyone pay attention to the stage.

"Good morning students, Welcome to the department of commerce. This week will be orientation week." He continued to advise students on adjusting to college life.

The senior's classes have started. Nithilan glanced at his watch," Where is Mahi? The faculty would have already addressed the juniors. It's our turn now." He ordered his friends to find out as Mahi was not replying to his messages. The long lecture at the very early morning started tiring the seniors.

In the auditorium, the Principal finished his speech and got applause from the freshers. Again over-enthusiastic Ramya started clapping vigorously while holding the juice cup and spilled it on Ilakiya. "Oh no!", Ilakiya exclaimed by looking at her dress. "I'm sorry for not paying attention. Do one thing. Go to the washroom and clean yourself", Ramya suggested. Ilakiya didn't want to miss the orientation program. Then when she saw the faculty leaving the auditorium, she headed towards the washroom.

"How can she be so irresponsible? Did you try to contact her friends?", Nithilan marched fast along the corridor as he yelled at his group. Since there was no update from Mahi, he decided to address his juniors without Mahi.

Kavin noticed a group of boys entering the auditorium stage. He immediately recognized Nithilan as the guy on the phone and got annoyed at his presence. Ramya uttered," Hey, he is our orientation program head, right?" "How do you know it?", Kavin enquired. "My brother runs a call center near our college. He has few friends here", she cleared his confusion.

"Good morning freshers, Welcome to our college. We are your seniors. I'm Nithilan, the head of this orientation program. This program going to be an awareness program to make you feel comfortable. So don't worry, there is no ragging on our campus. I can assure you that."

The last line spoken by the orientation leader made Kavin smirk over his hypocrisy.

Nithilan borrowed a list from his friends," So you already know by now this week will be orientation week. There are a lot of activities that will be conducted to explore your surroundings. You will get to know the activity details, eventually. One more thing, go get grab membership forms at college clubs of your choice. At the end of this week, we have a freshers fest competition. We will select candidates from the clubs. That's it for now. All the best".

When Nithilan exit the auditorium door, he saw a dusky girl with a curly hair approaching towards him. His eyes flared by seeing her slow, carefree walk. "Yes, finally her Highness has arrived", his voice poured sarcasm. He also questioned," Why are you late?" She responded," I fought with my dad. Then I got stuck in traffic." "Anyway, I'm here. Let's meet the juniors now", she further added.

Their loud conversation caught the attention of Ilakiya, who was returning to the auditorium. Especially the guy, she sensed an old acquaintance by looking at him. But ignored the thought and hurried to her seat.

"Who were they?", she asked to know if she missed anything important. Ramya explained," They are our seniors. The leader arrived to explain about orientation program." Her eyebrows creased," I don't know. I have met him somewhere. I just don't remember."

"Who? That head boy?", Kavin interrupted," Forget. You won't be happy after knowing him." He placed his bag on his shoulders," Let's get our membership forms. I'm joining the dance club. Is anyone with me?" Ilakiya nodded to his suggestion. Ramya denied," No, I will join the social media club." "We need library membership too. I will get the form for all of us", Ilakiya headed out. Ramya and Kavin also headed to their respective clubs.

In the library, Nidharsan was arranging the newly arrived books in the racks. "Thanks, boy for helping me", the middle-aged librarian expressed his gratitude. He smiled at him.

Casually, he looked around the surroundings and realized Ilakiya was entering the library. Immediately he got down the ladder and hid in a corner. The librarian got puzzled to see this reaction. "Sir, can you please lend me the membership forms?", she requested. The librarian gave a form. She picked two more forms and left the room.

The librarian shifted his posture to Nidharsan with a look demanding an explanation.

Ilakiya reached to the canteen and waited for her friends. A half an hour later, Ramya and Kavin came to the canteen. Their energy was completely drained. "Damn, I'm tired", exhausted Ramya dropped herself on the chair. Ilakiya gave the library membership forms to them.

Kavin placed the dance club membership form in front of Ilakiya," Are you a dancer?" She nodded," Yes, I love dancing, but not a professional." All three had their lunch together.

At night, in the girls' hostel, Ramya and Ilakiya discover that they are roommates. "What a coincidence!", Ramya sat near Ilakiya on her bed. Ramya shared all the gossips about her social media club.

Day 1

During the afternoon, all freshers got permission from their lecturers and went to take part in the various club auditions. In the dance club, a senior ordered the juniors to search for a partner. "We will perform a dance drama on classic love story-Shakuntala on the fresher's fest. Find a partner and rehearse for the music piece we have selected for you. We will select one couple among all the auditions."

Kavin and Ilakiya became a pair. Kavin danced spontaneously as the music played. His performance amazed Ilakiya. "You are surely a trained dancer", she confirmed. He carefully showed all the dance steps to her. When they danced together, he felt Ilakiya was uncomfortable to dance with him.

"Relax Ilakiya, do your steps slowly," he corrected her. He placed his hands on her hips and instructed her to follow his lead. Two hours of rigorous practice gave them some confidence. They both came back from the practice lawn to the dance club room. All were ready to perform for the audition.

Nithilan remembered that he had promised to help dance club president in auditions. He informed his friends and landed at the club. He saw the crowd standing at the entrance and heard melodious music being played. He made a way for himself and saw a couple dancing. His eyes took a keen interest in that boy. He traced over that slender body with prominent shoulders, moving like a dream. He got lost into this moment completely.

The dance club president came near to greet him. "Hey, Nithil", he called him. "Shh! Don't disturb", Nithilan silenced him. Apart from his handsomeness, the performance was captivating. The girl who danced with him was also beautiful. He got into a torturous dilemma of whom should he admire at the moment.

A/N: Did you like it guys? Please vote and comment. Your opinions matter a lot. Add this story to the library to get notified of new chapters.

Keep reading to find out the past of Nithil, Nidharsan, and Ilakiya. And share this story maximum to your friends.

Thanks, now bye.......