Chapter Twenty Nine

Ben and Sadie spend the night in the hospital, the kids went home to take care of the dogs. No, was Ben going to leave this woman after everything and she still said yes? He definitely believes that he is the lucky one.

The next morning Kilroy comes in to talk to them about the guy in their house. Ben sits back in shock as to how everything happened. Sadie is doing ok considering everything and is nervous to go home.

"So it looks like he watched you for a bit. He snuck in through the back part of the property. I don't think he realized that you had a security system. We went through the property and it looks like he was watching you all from the living room window. It is a pretty straight shot view from certain angles. His name is Kevin Tyler and he's had some trouble in the past, nothing like this but he is definitely looking at some jail time. He's willing to work with us as information and to testify on who else was involved. Evidently, it's a long chain." Kilroy says.

"So someone targeted us?" Kilroy says.

"Looks so, the kids' rooms were untouched, but Sadie you got there just as he was going through the office so it's hard to think what more he might have done. I will say I believe jealousy and betrayal fit this motive for whoever hired him." Kilroy says.

"What has Sadie done specifically? I mean I can understand me, as I am a cop, but Sadie?" Ben asks.

"I can't get much more into it but we are working an angle and have a few other people to talk to," Kilroy responds. "I'll be in touch,"

"Thanks," Ben says, he shakes Kilroy's hand and they watch him leave. Ben and Sadie sit in silence staring at each other. Ben shakes his head and climbs into bed with Sadie and she falls right into him and she holds onto Ben while she cowers into his chest. This is by far the hardest thing they have had to go through.

"I want to go home, I don't want them to think they won," Sadie says. "Our home is my dream home, with my beautiful family and I will not be scared away."

"Ok, Let's get to work on getting you out," Ben says.

"Ben, I can't wait to marry you," Sadie says.

"It won't be long," He whispers and gives her a kiss. He gets out of bed to go find the discharge nurse. They gather all of her things and head home. On the way, Ben stops by and gets some take out for everyone. When they drive in the driveway they see the kids outside with welcome home signs and the dogs bouncing around the yard.

"My darlings! Oh, it's so good to see you!" Sadie says.

"Hey mom, welcome home," Gunnar says, giving her a hug.

"We spent the evening cleaning up after the police left. Some stuff was broken but we fixed what we could," Hudson says.

"We didn't touch the office. There was a lot of paperwork and We didn't know what went where," Everett says.

"Thanks, guys. I will work in the office in a few days. Sadie why don't you head to the living room, I'll bring all the food in. Kids, plates, and essentials," Ben says.

Sadie heads to the living room and sits down on the couch leaning back to relax. Everett follows close to her and when Sadie is comfortable enough she sits next to Sadie and lays her head on her lap.

"Everett, what's wrong?" Sadie asks while she strokes her hair out of her face.

"I am really sorry you got hurt. I was so scared. You have been so good to us and I am just really glad you are home," Everett says.

"There is no place I'd rather be, no one I'd rather be with than here with you kids," Sadie says. "Like I told Gunnar, you can't get rid of me that easy, sweetheart. I love my life here with you all,"