Chapter 5

Emily opened the front door to her house. "Want to go to my old room?", she asked. I nodded and she took me by the hand and led me upstairs.

We walked into her childhood bedroom, her bunk bed still there. She gestured for me to climb onto the top bunk first, her following after me. I sit criss-cross apple sauce. " So, what do you want to do?" "We could watch Netflix", I suggested.

She opened her laptop and scrolled through Netflix, finally clicking on a scary movie. She turned off the lights and pat her lap, gesturing for me to lay my head on it.

Halfway through the movie, I felt my eyelids getting droopy. I yawned and Emily looked down at me and kissed my head. "Tired? ", she asked. I nodded and she lifted my head off her lap, carefully placing it on her pillow.

I grabbed my phone and texted my mom, letting her know I'll be staying the night. Emily offered to go across the street and get me some bed clothes. She left and I laid in her bed, staring at the ceiling.

She returned after about 5 minutes. I sat up, groggy. "Arms up. ", she said. I lifted up my arms and she pulled off my shirt. My face turned extremely red and she awkwardly turned around to let me change.  She went into the bathroom and came back wearing her pajamas. We laid down, cuddling. I drifted off, soaking up the moment.
____________________________________
Sorry I took so long to write this, I kept getting writers block and losing motivation. I hope you guys are enjoying the book!