Chapter 8

It was the day after the "incident" with Jack. I hadn't been doing anything all day, so I decided to go downstairs and make some food.

I was grabbing a plate out of the cabinet when my phone chimed. I looked down at it and saw I received a text from Emily.

"Can I come over?", it read.

I texted back " Sure" after a few seconds of thought.

I had just finished eating when I heard a knock on the door. I walked over and opened it to see Emily looking kind of sad.

"Are you alright? ", I asked while gesturing for her to follow me to my room.

"Why did you leave in such a rush yesterday? ", she asked. I stayed silent for a bit, thinking of what to say. "... Jack kissed me. And I might have kissed him back. But just know that nothing is happening between us."

I looked down at the floor I shame. "Oh", Emily said after awhile to break the silence.

" What am I too you? I mean, are we a thing? ", Emily questioned, not looking at me.

" I need a some time to think before I make any official decisions. "

"Well, just know that we can be friends no matter what. I can tell you make Jack really happy when you hang out with him, and I want the best for you and my little brother. But I still like you. A lot. So just take your time. "

Emily stood up and started to walk out of my room, but I grabbed her waist and turned her towards me. I stood up and kissed her, butterflies in my stomach. We stayed frozen for a bit, enjoying the moment. I pulled away first, and sat back down.

She smiled at me and left, not saying a word.

____________________________________
I'm so sorry I'm not updating regularly. I promise drama and love and heartbreak in the future :)