2. Imperfection

2

In the morning I woke up a little late and practically ran through my daily morning routine.  I had taken a shower the night before so that took about twenty minutes out, so I wasn’t too bad off.

Once I got Beth to her preschool and was on my way to school I finally remembered what happened the day before and I got chills.

Seeing the image of Cameron laying David, who is about twice his size, out was amazing and actually kind of hot.

I parked in my usual spot and exited.  Laina came bounding up to me and gave me a hug.

“Hello!” She said excitedly.

“Hey Laina.” I smiled.

“So, how was your night last night?” She asked.

The memory flashed through my head.  “Um…nothing much to report.”

“Well, I got some stuff.  I saw David and Mark this morning and they both had black eyes and busted lips!  We all asked them what happened and they said some random guys in the street tried to take them on, but they got the better of them.  Isn’t that so hot?!” She said in one breath.

I was at a loss for words for a second, but I quickly found them.  “Oh…um…yeah, that’s really cool.”

“I think guys with battle wounds is a total turn on.”

“I don’t know, I think the guy inflicting the wounds would be more attractive.” I said without really thinking.

Laina eyed me. “Yeah, I agree.”

Suddenly I heard a faint cough behind me and turned around.  Standing there was Cameron and he was looking down and pretending like he was coughing, but I could see a smile playing on his lips.

He caught eyes with me and I blushed and turned away.

“Who were you looking at?” Laina asked.

“No one, I thought I heard something.” I said quickly.

“Oh, okay.”

We both went off to class and for the first two periods Cameron’s face was flashing through my head.

About halfway through third period the door opened and in came the one and only Cameron.

He handed a note to the teacher to get signed.  When he saw me he looked away and I saw him blush and faintly smile.  I did the same.

He left and my friend Becca leaned over to me, “What a little freak.” She said chuckling.

“Uh…yeah.” I said, agreeing.

After class I went with my friends to lunch and then the day went on as normal.

About halfway through fifth period it started raining.  I hated the rain.

Finally school ended and everyone was filing out.

I decided to take a different way home to get some chocolate milk for Beth and me. 

While I was on my way to get her after getting the milk, I noticed someone with a bent head walking home.

Once I got close enough I realized it was Cameron.

I battled in my head for two minutes on if I should offer a ride or not.  Finally I just decided to.

I drove up next to him and rolled my window down.  “Hey!” I yelled.  He was startled and quickly looked up at me.  “Do you need a ride?” I asked.