4. Who is She?

DHRUV'S POV:

Who is she? What is she doing to me? I was always that one guy who never dated a girl or never fell in love with anybody but here I am being all addicted to this one girl.

I was just walking by hiding my face from the world though Houston was a hot place. Not as hot as the chennai climate but still hot compared to New York. My friends were all sitting there talking and I just felt like being alone so I went on a walk.

That was when I saw a girl running in a saree and my eyes focussed onto her and blurred everything and everybody out.

I sped behind her to get a view of her face. She was talking to somebody on the phone and suddenly she stepped on the back of the saree. She was about to trip as I caught her in my arms before she hit her head.

She turned around and thanked me and this was when I saw her face. She was not the prettiest of all but she was pretty to my eyes. I stood still frozen by her beauty. I have always thought of every girl as a sister. Even acting close to banita was hard for me and with dad being there watching my every move, it felt weird but without dad, Adhitya varma wouldn't have been my signature. People think of the name Adhitya varma before they think of the name Dhruv.

"I wanted to get to know her but how? I can't reveal my face cause I was too tired of showing people who I was and to be honest, I didn't really enjoy people seeing me as their superior. We're all human and just because I act doesn't make me better than them right?

She looked confused. As if she was thinking something when I spoke. She introduced herself first so I reached over to shake her hand. Her eyes traveled to my Tattoo. She was looking at it for one sec as she shouted my name.

I have dad's name Tattooed on my wrist cause dad is everything. I didn't know how to react to this cause I was more surprised than ever.

This girl knew who I was. Here we go again. She is gonna ask for an Autograph and then a selfie and then we'll part away. But something in me kept telling me we will meet again and that she wasn't a random somebody but a special person in my life.

As soon as I heard that she was going to be engaged, my heart felt different in a way. It stopped a second make me feel hurt. Was I falling for a girl I just met? I never believed in love at first sight.

After we parted away, my eyes searched for her though I knew there was no change I would see her again.

"Hey Dhruv! Where were you?" Shiva asked.

"I was just walking around...you know." I said as I shrugged and walked along with Shiva to meet my other friends.

They had asked me to do a short film for them and I agreed since they were my best friends and I had to do something right?

I heard the story and apparently it was about children. I agreed to do it cause I knew it wouldn't hurt. During Corona all the big celebrities were doing short film and so why not. Dad even agreed since it was for a good cause.

When we were just talking about leaving and to go get dinner, the group of girls along with Megha came by. Well, I found her again and so maybe there was something going on between us. But she was getting engaged. But didn't she say she wasn't interested.

Oh dhruv, a girl made you think this deep about her. After chitchatting, the girls went to get changed first before we go out. I looked up as they girls came back wearing something more comfortable. Megha was wearing a dress that reached knee length while the others were wearing shorter dresses.

"Come on, let's go." The girls said.

"Well, we came in our own cars. So we'll come in our cars. Y'all can follow." Shriya said.

"Well, we all came in 1 car so why not we split up?" I offered.

"Omg, really? Yes Dhruv sir, please come in my car. It would be an honor." Sneha beat everyone to it.

I looked at Megha who gave me a warm smile. I just wanted to go with her but fate was thinking otherwise.

There were 5 of us guys so while 2 of them travelled in the car we came, the other 3 of us splitted up with the girls. I sat with Sneha who was fangirling me.